Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-16-2014, 11:20 PM   #1
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
2015 Toyota Camry

Here it is! This is an unprecedented refresh (not a full redesign). All body panels are new except roof. Very gutsy of Toyota to throw such an aggressive front opening on the best selling car in America. I have mixed feelings about. I like the '12-14. So this is neither better or worse for me. You'd almost never know this is essentially the same car underneath.

Quote:
Press Release

NEW YORK (April 16, 2014) - So what do you do when you have the best-selling car in the industry for 12 straight years? You find ways to make it even better. That’s exactly what Toyota did with the introduction of the new 2015 Camry. After selling almost a million of the industry’s benchmark sedan since the current generation launched in 2011, Toyota stripped it down to its chassis and rebuilt it from the ground up, raising the bar yet again in the ultra-competitive mid-size sedan segment.

“Customers today love the durability, quality and value that the Camry represents, but they are looking for a little more style, comfort and performance, and this 2015 Camry has all of the above,” said Bob Carter, senior vice president of automotive operations of Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. “This is the new Camry, and it’s coming from the new Toyota.”

Toyota designers and engineers re-imagined nearly every exterior surface of the car. Only the roof remains unchanged. The new, upscale interior features premium, soft-touch materials throughout the spacious cabin. Advanced instrumentation with intuitive controls helps keep the driver’s eyes safely on the road ahead.

Underneath the striking new exterior, the chassis and body structure are bolstered with additional spot welds, enhancing rigidity for better ride quality. A retuned suspension takes the Camry’s handling to a whole new level of responsiveness.

Two new grades, the sporty and luxurious XSE and the eco-fun Hybrid SE, join the well-equipped entry LE and the premium XLE grade, giving customers more choice than ever before.

An Expressive and Athletic Exterior

The 2015 Camry’s exterior is more expressive and athletic with prominent character lines. The new car is slightly longer (1.8 inches or 45 mm) and features a widened track (0.4 inches or 10 mm) that communicates a dynamic stance and presence.

A pronounced body line starts from the Camry's muscular front fender and spans across the doors and rear quarter panel, conveying a sense of motion. The completely revised, more aggressive front bumper cover features a wider more prominent trapezoidal grille shape, expressing a lower center of gravity.

The 2015 Camry will be available in 10 colors, including the new Celestial Silver Metallic and Ruby Flare Pearl.

New Lighting Shines with Form and Function

The new sleek headlamps complement the aggressive front fascia, while the front turn signal indicators and LED DRL’s are integrated for an elegant appearance. The 2015 Camry will offer exterior lighting with available LED low and high-beams and auto static leveling. The Camry’s rear tail lamps sweep into the tapered sheet metal at the rear of the car. A decorative garnish connects
the tail lamps across the trunk lid and emphasizes its new sporty stance.

A Modern, Refined Interior

The interior of the new Camry is more refined than ever with premium materials, roomier feel and improved amenities. The center stack features a high-tech, upscale look that smoothly integrates with the console.

The center console tray has been redesigned to increase capacity while offering a convenient power source in the storage box. The new enclosed bin in front of the shifter now offers 12v, USB and a segment-first, available wireless charging system for select smart phones.

The 2015 Camry’s cockpit offers intuitive top-flight in-car electronics and displays that help reduce driver stress and distraction. The instrument panel features a new 4.2-inch TFT screen nestled between the three-dimensional Optitron gauges on the SE, XLE and XSE models. The screen’s color animation displays a wide range of vehicle functions and coordinates with the multimedia system to display audio, navigation, warnings and communications.

Detailed stitching and trim elements finished in satin chrome convey a sophisticated appearance. Varying by model, seat cover textures range from premium cloth all of the way to genuine leather and Ultrasuede with durable, high contrast French-stitching.

The Quietest Camry Ever

Toyota engineers focused on reducing unwanted wind and road noise to offer an even quieter cabin. Window and door seals were improved to keep noise outside. The carpet features 30 percent more insulating material. Even the Camry’s side mirrors were redesigned to better control air flow reducing turbulence and noise.

Dialing Up Driving Dynamics

Additional spot welds were added to the door opening flanges to increase rigidity and enable spirited handling. A combination of Macpherson struts up front, a multi-link arrangement at the rear and a stiffer body structure allows for unique suspension tuning across trim levels.

The electric power steering on all Camry models is tuned for better on-center feel, better straight line stability and more direct-feeling steering inputs. In addition to improvements in steering feel, the new Camry’s hydraulic system has been revised with a two-stage brake booster to improve brake feel.

The Camry will continue to be available with 2.5-liter four-cylinder or 3.5-liter V6 gas engines paired with 6-speed automatic transmissions, or a 2.5-liter Atkinson Cycle engine with Hybrid Synergy drive matched to an E-CVT.

Making the Grade

In 2011, Toyota launched the sporty Camry SE grade, resulting in attracting buyers that were 12 years younger than the rest of the segment average. The SE model now accounts for 45 percent of the Camry sales mix, proving that drivers want sportier models.

Building on this success, the Camry XSE grade gives customers more of what they want with enthusiastic driving dynamics and luxurious amenities. The Camry SE and XSE are distinguished by a unique mesh grille and fascia treatment. The Camry XSE adds to its edgier look with model-specific 18-inch wheels, unique shock absorbers, firmer bushings, higher rate coil springs, and unique EPS tuning, making it the sportiest Camry yet.

Also for 2015, a Camry Hybrid SE has been added to the lineup with unique dynamic suspension tuning that delivers an eco-fun driving experience. Up front, a stabilizer bar, absorber valve structure, and control arm bushing components were enhanced to offer improved ride quality while sharpening steering feel. The Hybrid SE’s vehicle stability control system has been retuned for smoother intervention and a more natural driving feel.

Advanced Safety Features

All Toyota vehicles come standard with the STAR Safety System. In addition, Camry will offer safety-focused driver aids including Lane Departure Alert, Adaptive Cruise Control, Pre-Collision System with Auto High Beams, and Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:28 PM   #2
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
It looks like the Avalon but cheaper. Too much grill in the grill if you know what I mean.
I actually like the current design better.

But why are they all starting to look like...
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:44 PM   #3
trunkout
4 years of P90X!

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
I like it. I see Lexus.
trunkout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:48 PM   #4
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
It looks like the Avalon but cheaper. Too much grill in the grill if you know what I mean.

Seems like Toyota is responding to all the criticism of them being "boring" so they seem to be overcompensating with over-aggressiveness. I happen to like their sedate clean designs of the past which always age better.

Either way, the Camry will likely continue on top. The Corolla is selling like crazy (#1 compact) with it's gaping grill. So it isn't scaring people away.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:08 AM   #5
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
The don't like the exterior design of the 12-14.5 Camry from any angle!

Except for the huge lower front grille, this 15 redesign is really quite good.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:34 AM   #6
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
still no awd. Not interested.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:35 AM   #7
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Quote:

My feelings exactly!
Old 04-18-2014, 01:33 AM   #8
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
on second thought...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015Camry80.jpg (299.3 KB, 55 views)
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:11 PM   #9
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
Quote:
on second thought...

but i like it way better than your current one let alone ours.

USA 2014 Camry

Philippines 2014 Camry

jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:47 PM   #10
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
on second thought...
that is awesome and makes it that much more desirable. hey retro everything is back baby!