Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2019, 02:14 AM   #1
Spannerdemon

Drives: 2014 Toyota Yaris
Electrical Gremlins.

Hi

Hoping somebody can help my daughter out here. I live in the NE of England and she's in Devon, so I can't just pop round! But she's got a problem, and I'd be grateful if anyone has had this same issue and can help.

Here's what she sent me.... It's a 2014 Toyota Yaris.

My car is poorly ��
Yesterday on my way to work, my horn suddenly came on constantly which was entertaining! It stopped with the ignition off but when I left, it came on again as soon as my lights came on. I took the fuse out for the horn just to get home.
Anyway. We went to go out earlier and she was dead ��
Had to call green flag who have been out. It seems to be a fault with the lights as my headlights stay on even with everything off. He's disconnected the horn and put the fuse back but I'll have to take it to Toyota. I can drive it, but he's disconnected the battery so I'll have to connect/disconnect each time I drive it ��
I'll ring them Monday as typically there's no one in service today ��

She REALLY needs this working for her job... Can anyone suggest what might be the problem. I'm thinking maybe a dodgy relay or similar but I'm not familiar with Toyotas.

Thanks if you can help.

Last edited by Spannerdemon; 02-24-2019 at 03:27 AM.
Spannerdemon is offline   Reply With Quote