Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-19-2017, 02:33 PM   #1
fgordi
I've made a post!

Drives: 2008 Yaris II 1.4 D-4D
Thumbs up XuJi Leather steering wheel cover review

Thanks to IllusionX topic and review, I bought a XuJi leather steering wheel cover from aliexpress.
Since the install process was already detailed on his topic, I will just do a review.

The package came with everything you need, and lot, lot of thread (really usefull when you are not skilled, like me).

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the leather, I was expecting a cheap quality product.

While trying to fit the cover, I discovered that the oem leather steering wheel (which I have) is thicker than the normal one. I thought they were about the same thickness but it turns out that it is already a wrap over the normal steering wheel from the factory. So, my cover is a bit stretched a the bottom because of that but now I have a nice thick steering wheel.

It is now about 5 months in and the cover is still in great shape, the fitment got better over time so I could not be happier.

I have to say that it is a really good mod to do to your yaris, especially for the price!

Tags
cover, leather, review, steering, wheel