Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-12-2008, 12:56 AM   #37
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordarvia View Post
When you put the car in 3D all of a sudden everything turns Blue and Red, and things jump out at you. You'll need a special pair of glasses to drive correctly
Anti-tunnel vision goggles perhaps?

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:25 AM   #38
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialeducator View Post
It is actually a very unusual setup and salespeople should review this with customers.
Most automatic toyotas I have seen here are exactly like that... you're in D, need to downshift, just tap the lever to the side, very convenient..

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:21 PM   #39
Yariz
Banned

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatchback
So, if you revv'ed it all the way up in N and dropped it in D with the USA version will it cause damage?
Yariz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:51 AM   #40
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yariz View Post
So, if you revv'ed it all the way up in N and dropped it in D with the USA version will it cause damage?
if u did that in any auto car.....anywhere it will case damage. some cars alot faster then others but its not good for your tranny. i was told 3 drops like that in a dodge and its time for a new tranny. i was a stupid kid and on my moms high-ish milage camry (200,000km) i did it a few times and a few reverse drops (go in reverse as fast as the car will go and slam it into drive and slam the gas)..... the car still works..... but the tranny needs a bit of work now. lol, after a few times i oculd definatly feel the difference.

as for the OP, your old cars DID have 1, 2, 3, and D. (unless it was a really old auto that only had 3 gears..... if tht was ever built) the only difference is on the shifter only 1, 2, and D were shown, the 3 was the little o/d button.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:16 AM   #41
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
I know for a fact the car will not go into Reverse if you're moving forward at more than 13km/h. But I'm not sure about going from reverse to Drive at that speed. I don't think I've ever gone backwards that fast. Plus I don't have an Slushbox to try it.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:34 AM   #42
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluevitz-rs View Post
I know for a fact the car will not go into Reverse if you're moving forward at more than 13km/h. But I'm not sure about going from reverse to Drive at that speed. I don't think I've ever gone backwards that fast. Plus I don't have an Slushbox to try it.
i have put a chevy uplander minivan into reverse gear at 50kmh forward...

let me tell you.. it GOT into gear and actually tried to reverse..

result was locking the wheels... and it almost felt the transmission was going to fall off. lol
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:38 PM   #43
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
It's funny doing it with a prius driving down the Hyw with someone on your ass at night. All of a sudden they have two bright lights in their face. LOL
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote