Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-10-2010, 10:34 PM   #73
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
AIRBAAAAAAAGS:
i can't stop laughing at this. lol. oh gosh. i'm crying right now. who watches the original and thinks to do something like that. whew. good times.

I crush you like tiny clown car, because you are clown, yes?
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:22 PM   #74
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris2010RS View Post
LMFAO, i agree, dont get me wrong. but ur not born knowing how to drive. u need sometime to build up the skills. i do feel some people need to learn faster, but lets jsut say in his case in the rain, if the car that is infront of u hits a puddle and gets pulled into ur lane and hits the brakes. how do u prepare for that? i always expect the unexpected and when the unexpected happens and i avoid it i am happy. someone who says they avoided an accident shouldnt be called inexperienced or told to stay off the road.

Thats jsut MIO

i strongly agree with u about multitaskers while driving, and they should not be tolerated.
i think humans shouldn't be tolerated, can i get a second?
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
instead of banning members I propose we get them to run their Yaris into walls at different angles and at various speeds to see just in what conditions airbags will deploy...
i like this idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
cats joined in on the thread watch too:
ok, this car has beer, a tv, and servants. add a computer and it has the perfect life.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:06 AM   #75
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris2010RS View Post
op is gone and oddly enough so is hershey....lol

YARISWORLD UNITE AND SCARE THE HATERS AWAY
. Still here . It's no . Never said we hate our YARIS . Plan to keep them for awhile .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:07 AM   #76
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by krusty View Post
Hersey how is a question an assumption? I never assume..
. . Many of you can make all the derogative remarks you want , but I'm / we're not going anywhere . So deal with it .

Last edited by Hershey; 11-11-2010 at 01:24 AM.
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:18 AM   #77
eddy
love to drive

Drives: 2010 yaris sedan
sorry to hear about the crash. I had one back in june/10 and the air bags did not go off but I walked away but the car was a right off. I wondered about the airbags too.did some research and found out that the new airbags in all the new cars are like that in the yaris and they just do not go off like they did even three years ago. so just be happy everybody lived and go on with life
eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:23 AM   #78
cougar65

Drives: 2010 yaris 5door
Yaris are not the best in crashes.. But there still great cars it's a matter of mass their to small to be super safe if you want a tank buy an suv.
cougar65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:55 AM   #79
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Drives: 2010 1E7 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via MSN to .Kevin.
OP made me rage
Old 11-11-2010, 08:55 AM   #80
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar65 View Post
Yaris are not the best in crashes.. But there still great cars it's a matter of mass their to small to be super safe if you want a tank buy an suv.
Uh, go back and read my previous post (#78); the NHTSA gave the Yaris pretty good crash ratings. It's safer than my Jeep which weighs 2-3x more than it...
Old 11-11-2010, 09:09 AM   #81
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hershey View Post
. . Many of you can make all the derogative remarks you want , but I'm / we're not going anywhere . So deal with it .
Ummm... "derogatory" .....

HTH.
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:42 AM   #82
scape

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
having been in a frontal collision in my 2007 yaris 3dr hatchback, I can say without a doubt that the airbag deploying did not slow my body from forward motion. when it hit me it hit my face and a bit of my neck.
many times airbags can be dangerous and painful, thankfully my experience was not. Toyota, as most car companies do, go through a hundreds of hours of testing and retesting of safety equipment just so you have the least amount of injuries possible during a crash.
the airbag's main purpose, as said in an earlier reply, is to prevent the head from snapping around and slamming into things.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbag read the first sentence, or if you will that whole first paragraph.
the seatbelt is the main slowing force of the body, and the guy driving that car should be happy he is alive from a frontal collision, and without a broken neck.
scape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:33 AM   #83
2009BBPliftback

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB in Blazing blue
Send a message via AIM to 2009BBPliftback
I work in an emergency room and airbags will mess you up for sure.. It's not a big fluffy pillow that magically appears to make things all better.
2009BBPliftback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:43 AM   #84
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009BBPliftback View Post
I work in an emergency room and airbags will mess you up for sure.. It's not a big fluffy pillow that magically appears to make things all better.
LOL.

Yeah, think of it more like a boxer punching you in the face at full force (with a glove). That's why smaller people can be killed if they sit too close.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:16 PM   #85
Vioz

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Vioz
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009BBPliftback View Post
that would be awesome and when you hit the big fluffy pillow it squeeks

Vioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #86
OTA'sTOY
DAT'S RIGHT I GOTz 2

Drives: '10 5dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckulley1 View Post
Yes, we reported it to the NHTSA.

The cracked ribs and compression fracture certainly could have been prevented or reduced with an air bag.

i dunno about it being prevented but he's lucky thats all he got! a friend of mine was recently got ran off the road and hit head-on with a telephone pole @35mph and bags deployed: result in getting whiplash, burns on both forearms from airbag, left hand sprained from bag forcing it to hit door glass, broken nose and 3 fractured ribs!

if you ask me your story hold no weight! why was there no video of inside of the car? hhhmmmm! i mean come on now you take the time to write up and video this IMO !!!!! but clearly no proof of interior! were the doors locked? or was the car too messy inside?
OTA'sTOY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air bag, crash, toyota, yaris