Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-02-2006, 11:54 PM   #37
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
I waited two months to get my Yaris in late 2005. I can understand the anxiety guys. I wish you all will find the wait worthwhile.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:01 AM   #38
LAHAL

Drives: 07 Yaris RS B package Manuel
He said, on the record 2 weeks, off the record, he expects it this week in calgary, so should be in vancouver anytime now. U can go to your dealer and ask him the progress, tomorow i'm gonna get the serial number so i can get my insurance set up and my plates ready.
LAHAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:25 PM   #39
ange008
It's just me...

Drives: 2007 Yaris 5door RS w/ Pkg. B
I get my new 2007 Yaris 5dr with package B on or around March 15th. I am so excited! I'm getting an imobilizer and tinted windows put in as well. I really wanted the ipod interface, but by the sounds of it, the 6 disc is not compatible. That really sucks , but what can you do. I really can't complain, I do get to listen to up to 6 mp3 disks at once. That will last for any roadtrip! Does anyone have an Absolute Red Yaris? That's what i am getting, but I've never seen the colour... my first choice was silver.
So, is it really that easy to get stuff free from the dealership? Cause I am going all out buying this car: package B, tinted windows, imobilizer, 84/200,000 ECP, large cargo box, ipod interface if I can.
How do I go about negotiating for some free stuff, I am a first time buyer .
Thanks guys!
ange008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:31 PM   #40
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ange008
I get my new 2007 Yaris 5dr with package B on or around March 15th. I am so excited! I'm getting an imobilizer and tinted windows put in as well. I really wanted the ipod interface, but by the sounds of it, the 6 disc is not compatible. That really sucks , but what can you do. I really can't complain, I do get to listen to up to 6 mp3 disks at once. That will last for any roadtrip! Does anyone have an Absolute Red Yaris? That's what i am getting, but I've never seen the colour... my first choice was silver.
So, is it really that easy to get stuff free from the dealership? Cause I am going all out buying this car: package B, tinted windows, imobilizer, 84/200,000 ECP, large cargo box, ipod interface if I can.
Thanks guys!
congrats, did your dealer say for sure that you'd be getting it on the 15th. Mine here in montana is still in the dark when they'll get here.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:16 PM   #41
swng

Quote:
Thanks guys!
Welcome and congratulations!
All I have been able to get is a coupon for a free oil change. Some members have gotten more. BTW, my RS also has a stereo that can handle MP3 but I am too lazy to burn one. Are there MP3 discs in record stalls for sale?
Old 03-07-2006, 09:08 AM   #42
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
No. The audio industry stays away from putting their music out in an MP3 format.

You have to go online to Napster or the Apple I-Pod store to get music in an MP3 format.

Or you could record it yourself to your computer. I currently have almost my entire music collection recorded onto my computer. It is much easier then looking for cd's.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:19 PM   #43
pegcityrs

Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris RS (3 door)
I work at a Toyota Store in Winnipeg. You can haggle on a 2006 Yaris, 2007 will be out in a month. If you have any luck finding a Yaris HB in the color you want chances are you might have to take 2-3 color choices. The problem is that the dealers are having a inventory problem trying to supply the general demand. If you owned a business and you had the best product in the world, and it was selling like crazy, why would you want to give away profit from your product. I know some people might get mad with this reply but its what's happening right now. Just thank god we don't all drive GM's. Cheers !

PEGCITY RS
pegcityrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:55 PM   #44
swng

Quote:
Originally Posted by why?
No. The audio industry stays away from putting their music out in an MP3 format.

You have to go online to Napster or the Apple I-Pod store to get music in an MP3 format.

Or you could record it yourself to your computer. I currently have almost my entire music collection recorded onto my computer. It is much easier then looking for cd's.
Thanks why? I wish I had your computer skills. For the time being, I will try to stay happy with just CDs.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:14 PM   #45
ange008
It's just me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by foober
congrats, did your dealer say for sure that you'd be getting it on the 15th. Mine here in montana is still in the dark when they'll get here.
Well, my dealer said between the 12th and the 17th of March. At the beginning he made me feel as though I might not get one, so i went in with my boyfriend and he finally told me I would have one for sure. He's not sure which colour, but I will have a new car come next week!
ange008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:01 PM   #46
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
Quote:

Well, my dealer said between the 12th and the 17th of March. At the beginning he made me feel as though I might not get one, so i went in with my boyfriend and he finally told me I would have one for sure. He's not sure which colour, but I will have a new car come next week!
I phoned the seattle , portland and spokane toyota dealerships and they weren't sure when they'd be allocated their yaris's. They thought around the first week of April. Yesterday the guy i talked to thought it would be available in spokane in two weeks.

So basically its up in the air when it will really arrive to the the northwest u.s.a..
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 06:29 PM   #47
Mad Munchkin
makeminesilver...I think

Drives: 07 Yaris 5dr-B RS man/silver
Hey everyone...I just ordered my 2007 silver 5-dr + B pckg last Thursday and my dealer has promised to call me within the next 10 days with my car's ETA. He made a guess and said he thought it would be mid to late April and that mine would be on the first shipment of 07s over here (Western Canada) but I'll keep you all posted since it sounds like there's a few of us eagerly awaiting that first boat!

Also, when I put down my 1000 deposit I asked him if he could get me any "comps" meaning complimentary options...he kind of looked at me funny then said, "I can try...what were you interested in?" To which I answered with a list of three items. He said the dealership will generally comp ONE item if you ask but usually not more than that. I told him that if they covered the two most expensive (front sill protectors and all season mats for a total of about 170.00), then I'd buy the third (rear bumper protector about 60.00). He went away for about 10 minutes then returned to tell me it was a deal. Not a HUGE amount for free but it made me feel better! So don't be afraid to give it a shot if you're thinking of ordering soon!
Mad Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:58 AM   #48
hoahmaru

Drives: 2007 White Yaris RS B Pac.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Munchkin
Hey everyone...I just ordered my 2007 silver 5-dr + B pckg last Thursday and my dealer has promised to call me within the next 10 days with my car's ETA. He made a guess and said he thought it would be mid to late April and that mine would be on the first shipment of 07s over here (Western Canada) but I'll keep you all posted since it sounds like there's a few of us eagerly awaiting that first boat!

Also, when I put down my 1000 deposit I asked him if he could get me any "comps" meaning complimentary options...he kind of looked at me funny then said, "I can try...what were you interested in?" To which I answered with a list of three items. He said the dealership will generally comp ONE item if you ask but usually not more than that. I told him that if they covered the two most expensive (front sill protectors and all season mats for a total of about 170.00), then I'd buy the third (rear bumper protector about 60.00). He went away for about 10 minutes then returned to tell me it was a deal. Not a HUGE amount for free but it made me feel better! So don't be afraid to give it a shot if you're thinking of ordering soon!
My Polar White Yaris RS Package B is arriving on the 14th of March and it's a 2007 model. I think the sales guy you dealt with is just saying your car is the "first shipment" to Western Canada just to get you excited, and plus I was able to get a rally style spoiler, exhaust tip, lighter input for free. If you don't mind can I ask which dealer ship you went to? I bought mine at Country Hills Toyota and their the best selling dealer ship in Southern Alberta so they will get shipments faster than anyother dealership in Southern Alberta.
hoahmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:48 PM   #49
ange008
It's just me...

I'd really like to know whether or not I will be able to use the ipod interface with the 6disc changer. It's not a big deal, but my dealer doesn't know yet and some people say it doesn't.
Are there any other ways of setting up my ipod nano to use in my new '07 yaris.
Also, does anyone know what size the speakers are in the yaris 5door rs model. I'll probably end up buying better ones than the the car comes with. any susggestions?
Old 03-09-2006, 04:50 PM   #50
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!

Drives: 5 Dr Yaris RS in Blazing Blue
Quote:
I'd really like to know whether or not I will be able to use the ipod interface with the 6disc changer. It's not a big deal, but my dealer doesn't know yet and some people say it doesn't.
Are there any other ways of setting up my ipod nano to use in my new '07 yaris.
Also, does anyone know what size the speakers are in the yaris 5door rs model. I'll probably end up buying better ones than the the car comes with. any susggestions?
There are lots of aftermarket toys for the iPod to connect to the car audio, my friend has the iTrip, it works with FM frequency, so you can tune to certain FM frequency and listen to your iPod.
GabL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 05:02 PM   #51
ange008
It's just me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabL
There are lots of aftermarket toys for the iPod to connect to the car audio, my friend has the iTrip, it works with FM frequency, so you can tune to certain FM frequency and listen to your iPod.
Will the iTrip work with my nano?
Old 03-09-2006, 09:40 PM   #52
LAHAL

Drives: 07 Yaris RS B package Manuel
YAY, my car is here, it arrived today. I'm gonna go in tomorow to do all the paper work, and if there is time, get my car tomorow, if not, i will pick it up saturday, YAY
LAHAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:06 AM   #53
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!

Quote:
Will the iTrip work with my nano?
Well, I don't really know, since I don't use iPod myself!

You'll have to go to FutureStore or even Apple Store to find out.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:07 AM   #54
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAHAL
YAY, my car is here, it arrived today. I'm gonna go in tomorow to do all the paper work, and if there is time, get my car tomorow, if not, i will pick it up saturday, YAY
Congrads!! What color did you get?