Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
SoundWave

Drives: 2008 toyota yaris
Send a message via Yahoo to SoundWave
Interior Heater

Hey guys, Happy New Year to everyone. has anyone had a problem with there interior heater? if u live in the east coast it is now around 20 degrees and below. I was going home on my way back to NJ from queens nyc, suddenly i was warming up my car for about 5 mins so while driving on the L.I.E, my windows ,front,passenger,and driver side windows has not been cleared although i put the setting to interior air and put the temperature to the max and the fan speed to 3,still has not gone away.i had to wipe my windows everytime i come to a stop. please let me know because this weather is getting crazy and colder. thanx guys

-SoundWave
SoundWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #2
Sidicas

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Make sure your vents are pointed at your windows and you don't have recirculate on.

That's probably your problem, you put it to interior air... You're just recirculating air and your breath is adding more and more humidity and water into the air. Then when the air touches the cold window, it instantly condenses and turns to water / fog..
Sidicas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:00 AM   #3
BluYrs
ヴィッツ ドライバー

Drives: 2006 3d 1.0 Linea Sol
Actually, the Yaris heats up quickly due to the small engine having to work quite hard to keep it going. Had no problems with mine in -25C/-13F weather recently.

+1 check the recirculation switch and point air to windows.

The blue one
BluYrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:51 AM   #4
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
yea, when you want to defrost you always need air from outside. inside air will always fog up your windows big time.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:52 PM   #5
advocate

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
yea, when you want to defrost you always need air from outside. inside air will always fog up your windows big time.
I have never used new air from the outside...

Although to be honest the temperatures here in California are much much more mild.

What's always worked for me is to either point the air at the windshield and use the AC (so the air going to the windshield matches the windshield and no condensation is created) or the heater (so the air hitting the windshield is evaporated instantly). Both work well for keeping the windshield clear.
advocate is offline   Reply With Quote