Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2017, 05:19 PM   #34
atomic_hoji

Drives: 2018 Yaris SE 5MT
Since this thread is already resurrected, I thought I'd add to it..

I was looking for the Toyota OEM block heater, but read that Toyota Canada recently issued a recall for the factory unit due to manufacturing faults that could lead to a short circuit. https://www.toyota.ca/toyota/en/abou...-block-heaters If you can't find the OEM model, the recall may have affected your region as well.

I found 2 options for aftermarket, cartridge style block heaters that are listed to fit our cars:
- Kat's Heaters, p/n: 11813
- Zerostart (Phillips-Temro), p/n: 3100129

When I went to the local Ideal Supply (NAPA in Canada) they said they don't carry the Kat's, that it's only in the U.S. stores. The Zerostart, made by Phillips-Temro, is the one stocked in the Canadian stores.

Installation follows the information given in this thread. There's also a good YouTube video install on a Tacoma and Corolla if you search.

Hope that helps someone stay warm this winter.

-- Adam
atomic_hoji is offline   Reply With Quote