Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-30-2009, 12:25 PM   #1
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Aston Martin's Toyota iQ?

Check this out!
http://autos.aol.com/article/aston-m...ygnet#comments

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
slothman86

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
yeah, I would get the iQ way before I even thought about getting this!
Old 12-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
minired5stby

Drives: Yaris S liftback
+1
minired5stby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:44 PM   #4
siray321
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris
LOL! I find all the all the hostile comments left by people very amusing. Good lord. Shut the hell up.

Quote:
FROM THE LOOKS OF THE PICTURE, TO ME, IT LOOKS LIKE THE TURD THAT MY LITTLE DOG LET GO ON THE GRASS THIS MORNING. LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE PUT A MOTORCYCLE UNDER A LITTLE TONKA TOY MODEL CAR AND THEN ADDED 2 MORE TIRES TO IT. IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE IT WILL SELL VERY WELL HERE IN THE U.S.OF A. ONLY THE DUMB ASS CLASS WITH ALL THE BIG BUCKS WILL MAYBE BUY IT TO SHOW OFF THIER IGNORANCE TO THIER WELL TO DO, OVER PAID RICH FOLK NEIGHBORS. BUT, THEN AGAIN, THAT IS WHY THEY ARE HERE, RIGHT? FLAUNT THIER WEALTH AND BUY STUFF THEY DON'T NEED INSTEAD OF HELPING THE POOR,FEEDING THE CHURCHES,ETC
Sounds like somebody has jealousy issues. Or just plain ignorant and would never be able to comprehend a "wealthy" state of mind.
Quote:
Hahahaha, what a joke! I would never drive a car like this. 1st off I can't fit my kids in it let alone with any of their friends or the family dogs! So what if small cares are a big hit in Europe, they don't have to drive everywhere like we Americans do. Heck, just to go buy food I have to fit myself , 2 car seats and 2 kids into a car. 2nd, even if my kids, carseats & pets could fit into it, I don't think I'd feel to safe when I drove down the highway to bring my kids to activities...heck a subaru could run me over in this dinky little box. NO THANKYOU!
Wow! 1st off dumbf**k Im pretty sure its obvious your kids, their friends, and the family dog won't fit to begin with. Obviously your visual comprehension skills are way out there. It's not a minivan

Fuckin retards of America. Just click on the link by the op and read the comments. Very amusing.
siray321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:10 PM   #5
BailOut
Steals terrorist's lunch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Hahahaha, what a joke! I would never drive a car like this. 1st off I can't fit my kids in it let alone with any of their friends or the family dogs! So what if small cares are a big hit in Europe, they don't have to drive everywhere like we Americans do. Heck, just to go buy food I have to fit myself , 2 car seats and 2 kids into a car. 2nd, even if my kids, carseats & pets could fit into it, I don't think I'd feel to safe when I drove down the highway to bring my kids to activities...heck a subaru could run me over in this dinky little box. NO THANKYOU!
I though ill of that first post as well. There are just so many things wrong with it...

1) You can "drive everywhere" in a small car just as well as a big one.

2) We rarely need to drive everywhere. We're inherently lazy and choose to drive everywhere.

3) Family dogs need to be walked much more than they ever need to ride in a vehicle, but again our laziness manifests as a failure to bring out the leash and use our BMW (Basic Method of Walking).

4) Not everyone is so oblivious to resource issues and energy usage and economic reality that they have so many children. The planet's population has tripled in the last 50 years and this is not a good thing.

5) One does not need to be able to haul tons of kids around. Their parents can drive, too. Bus passes are much cheaper than chauffeuring. And the world will not stop spinning if the kids have to (get to?) walk or bicycle somewhere. In my neighborhood families actually pile into their over-sized SUVs to drive to the park just 3/4 mile away. Silly!

6) As has been proven by study after study, size != safety (!= means "not equal"). The larger a vehicle is the worse it responds to movement, the longer it takes to stop, and the more disconnected from the road the driver feels. Despite the fact that they make up a tiny fraction of accidents, we tend to think in the terms of head-on collisions. Study after study has shown that energy dissipating techniques such as crumple zones great reduce the forces that occupants are subjected to, but large vehicles are still mostly made from steel, unibody construction. Small cars are simply not rolling death traps.

The writer of that post has nothing at all in common with me, and would not be welcome to dine at my table.

Share the Road

I often carry 2 carpool passengers and mountain bikes
or snowboards/skis over a 4,500 foot elevation difference.
Click the graphic above to see my detailed mileage logs.

Last edited by BailOut; 12-31-2009 at 10:35 AM.
BailOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:34 AM   #6
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
I think AM has a plan. Only AM owners can buy a Cygnet. That means the Cygnet is out of reach for 99.99% of the people, meaning us. Dream on, we can't have it.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:52 PM   #7
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
Quote:
Originally Posted by BailOut View Post

5) One does not need to be able to haul tons of kids around. Their parents can drive, too. Bus passes are much cheaper than chauffeuring. And the world will not stop spinning if the kids have to (get to?) walk or bicycle somewhere. In my neighborhood families actually pile into their over-sized SUVs to drive to the park just 3/4 mile away. Silly!
i'm not arguing with anything you said Bailout... but I do find it funny how Buss passes are Cheaper than driving for like 95% of americans.... However, for myself, if you don't count in the cost of monthly insurance, or monthly car payment, It's much cheaper for me to drive my Yaris than buy a buss pass.

Basically, I spend half as much on gas driving to work and back each month as I would on a bus pass. Like I said tho... that doesn't take into consideration my car payment or insurance....but I doubt i'll ever be able to live in the USA without a car. Was easy in Japan where there was a train/subway station every 10 blocks... but not here where even bus routes can be hard to come by on the west coast some times.

I miss living in Osaka, I miss owning two bikes instead of a car.