Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
tash
I've made a post!

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Yaris keyless entry not working

Hi,

I have a 2008 Toyota Yaris and this morning the keyless entry button stopped working while the car was still locked. I've seen the posts about reprogramming the key but how do I get in the car? If I unlock it with the original key will the alarm go off? Also if this helps, in the past month or so the locking system has been playing up - locking and unlocking by itself without me pressing the buttons. Should I just buy a replacement battery for the key?

Thanks.
tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Unlocking with the key will be OK and will turn off the alarm. I would start with replacing the battery in the remote, but you also might want to cold boot the keyless entry system by disconnecting the negative battery terminal for a few minutes.