Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
odd not sort of vibration/not sort of noise thing

So I was wondering if anyone else experienced this. I feel a sort of vibration, sort of noise type of thing. I almost equate it to when you run over reflectors on the highway, but it is not constant, and on different roads. It feels like it is coming from the front of the car.

It has not affected my alignment, or it does not seem to be. Although today it did seem like my car was not quite as rock solid on center as it usually is. my tires are all full of air, I have checked my tires to see if anything is stuck in them, and so far I have not found anything. It might get worse after I hit big bumps. Or I could just notice it more then.

I can't take it to a mechanic atm, which is why I am asking if anyone could hazard a guess as to what the cause might be.

I'm on Megan coilovers, lowered reasonably, done by a professional with lots of coilover experience.

The weird thing is, as the description indicates, it only barely comes through the steering wheel, and I cannot really ever here it. There is a chance I am just dreaming it, but I don't believe I am.

Has anyone else ever experienced a tire being out of round? Like you here about on races. I did do that once to my tire, because I do not have abs, stopped on the highway from 60, locked up the tires. It did not feel like this though.

Any guesses? Or not a problem? Could it be this front assembly bolt we all received extended warranties for?