Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-12-2009, 08:15 AM   #145
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
LOL I just tried out my cluster and took a pic of the inside. Was going to post it here but you beat me to it....

By the way, the connector on the right looks to be bigger on the OZ cluster compared to our clusters.... maybe its just the picture :(

UPDATE: On my cluster, the passenger seat belt and passenger air bag indicator does NOT turn on w/ my new cluster...it does w/ the stock USDM cluster~ AND the gauges on new cluster aren't dim-able~~
If your cluster came out of a RHD car, then the orange wire in pin 9 of the right side connector needs to be swapped with the green wire (tail light) in pin 16.

The brake fluid warning level wire (purple) and fog light indicator wire (red) need to swapped from pin 2 to pin 7 on that right connector.

The alternator indicator wire (light blue in pin 1) needs to swap with the left turn signal wire (light green in pin 8).

The check engine light wire (black in pin 4) needs to move to pin 5.

The beam indicator wire (pink in pin 11) needs to swap with headlight power wire (gray in pin 14).

The right turn signal wire (brown in pin 15) needs to move to pin 10. (the white in pin 10 gets pulled an taped off as there isn't a washer level low indicator).

There's no input for the dimmer rheostat, hence the no dimming, but the JDM digital clusters have a magic button press sequence of the odo button that adjusts the dimming level. The JDM analogs may have the same.

Put the odometer in "odo" mode.
Press and hold the odometer changing button for 3 seconds.
Auto dimming will toggle on or off.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:04 PM   #146
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
My cluster came from a RHD.

Scott, just for clarification,

Doing the swapped wiring configuration from what you've explained to me above....will that get my passenger seatbelt & passenger airbag light indicator working?

My turn signals work correctly, the light beam indicator in the cluster (different icon than US icon), turns on when i have car's lights on perfectly.

Now if I do your wiring swap config. would that mess up things already working properly ie: turn signals, light indicator on cluster showing, etc..?

As for the dimming, thank you for the help. I will try that out when the whole flashing of the miles to accurate kilos gets done...

P.S. I forgot to mention....E-brake icon stays on in the cluster even though I have the e-brake all the way down LOL....

Techstream update: Toyota dealers said they can't flash my cluster. The mechanic there said himself they dont do it all, comes from factory. They send all there clusters/gauges (that need to be calibrated) out to a company that burns the odometer readings into the clusters for Toyota dealerships.....and then ships back to the dealers. I have to go to this company to get it done...weird right?

Will update soon (I'm going either tomorrow or Wednesday)....and if the company is good, and for some reason Lewis's dealership doesnt do it, I will work w/ Lewis to get it done through this company...

Company URL: http://www.paspeedo.com/
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:21 PM   #147
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
If your cluster came out of a RHD car, then the orange wire in pin 9 of the right side connector needs to be swapped with the green wire (tail light) in pin 16.

The brake fluid warning level wire (purple) and fog light indicator wire (red) need to swapped from pin 2 to pin 7 on that right connector.

The alternator indicator wire (light blue in pin 1) needs to swap with the left turn signal wire (light green in pin 8).

The check engine light wire (black in pin 4) needs to move to pin 5.

The beam indicator wire (pink in pin 11) needs to swap with headlight power wire (gray in pin 14).

The right turn signal wire (brown in pin 15) needs to move to pin 10. (the white in pin 10 gets pulled an taped off as there isn't a washer level low indicator).

There's no input for the dimmer rheostat, hence the no dimming, but the JDM digital clusters have a magic button press sequence of the odo button that adjusts the dimming level. The JDM analogs may have the same.

Put the odometer in "odo" mode.
Press and hold the odometer changing button for 3 seconds.
Auto dimming will toggle on or off.
I applaud your work. What do you do for a job or are you that rich from selling ideas you sit at home doing drywall and modding Crashy?

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:34 PM   #148
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

I honestly have to say, CTScott the smartest fucking person on here, maybe ever..that I've come to known....seriously. Very cool helpful information....deserves an award :)
Old 10-12-2009, 09:57 PM   #149
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
My cluster came from a RHD.

Scott, just for clarification,

Doing the swapped wiring configuration from what you've explained to me above....will that get my passenger seatbelt & passenger airbag light indicator working?

My turn signals work correctly, the light beam indicator in the cluster (different icon than US icon), turns on when i have car's lights on perfectly.

Now if I do your wiring swap config. would that mess up things already working properly ie: turn signals, light indicator on cluster showing, etc..?

As for the dimming, thank you for the help. I will try that out when the whole flashing of the miles to accurate kilos gets done...

P.S. I forgot to mention....E-brake icon stays on in the cluster even though I have the e-brake all the way down LOL....

Techstream update: Toyota dealers said they can't flash my cluster. The mechanic there said himself they dont do it all, comes from factory. They send all there clusters/gauges (that need to be calibrated) out to a company that burns the odometer readings into the clusters for Toyota dealerships.....and then ships back to the dealers. I have to go to this company to get it done...weird right?

Will update soon (I'm going either tomorrow or Wednesday)....and if the company is good, and for some reason Lewis's dealership doesnt do it, I will work w/ Lewis to get it done through this company...

Company URL: http://www.paspeedo.com/

Hmmm. So, beam, and turn signals work. How about the headlight indicator and the check engine light?

If the headlight indicator doesn't work, I would do the 9 and 16 swap.

The 2 and 7 swap should fix the brake light issue.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:00 PM   #150
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post
I applaud your work. What do you do for a job or are you that rich from selling ideas you sit at home doing drywall and modding Crashy?
I'm an Engineering research fellow for a medical equipment company.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:03 PM   #151
puetato89
Just call me Ray, better?

Drives: 08 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to puetato89
genius

puetato89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:49 AM   #152
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

CTScott, i dont want to hijack Lewis's thread....so here is a new thread for my arising problems.

Thanks, really need your help now desperately....

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23127
Old 10-13-2009, 03:24 AM   #153
WRW76
WRW76

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
AND the gauges on new cluster aren't dim-able~~
Push the button above the clock and it should go to a dimming option(3 bars i think).could be a good bartering option you may have started up Tony!! A cluster for aftermarket parts!
WRW76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:16 AM   #154
Lewis
Our off road vehicle

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3dr
.....Kioshi- it was fine with me to read this here because remember Australia is right hand drive too so your experience may be all too relevant to the OZ cluster.

Furthermore if my experience in recieving parcels from Europe is any indication it might be a good while until I'll be writing about how the OZ cluster works out.

I can just update folks on bagels and coffeee for so long before they die of boredom.
Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:19 AM   #155
*MAD DOG*

Tic toc tic toc tic toc. Counting the seconds as they go by.

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Old 10-15-2009, 07:26 AM   #156
Lewis
Our off road vehicle

Update- no bagel this morning, but a nice cup of tea. Oh by the way- package not here yet.

Qantas forgot to pay their fuel bill?

Or perhaps the cute little Koala Bear ate my package in the cargo hold?

My arrival prediction- any day day now!
Old 10-15-2009, 12:08 PM   #157
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

You guy's didnt get a tracking number for this?!
Old 10-15-2009, 12:18 PM   #158
Lewis
Our off road vehicle

Never got one from Maddog......not sure if it was available.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:22 PM   #159
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

you should be able to get a tracking number option when shipping from any country....just have to tell the original sender or the second (in this case, Mad Dog)...i used tracking to ship to CTScott just because I dont trust the assholes at the post office....$15 tops...

International shipping should be at most $35-$40 tops, as I have shipped an expensive item to a friend in Japan to her obscure house address... and package got to her within a week :)
Old 10-15-2009, 03:43 PM   #160
*MAD DOG*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
Never got one from Maddog......not sure if it was available.
Tracking was available, but it was another $20. I sent it registered post and have my receipt. There is a barcode on the receipt.

Old 10-15-2009, 04:59 PM   #161
Lewis
Our off road vehicle

The pot will boil when we stop watching it Kioshi.

:-)

Before too long poor CTScott will be struggling with both our our clusters!
Old 10-15-2009, 06:26 PM   #162
spookz
JDM yO!

Drives: '09 3dr. 5-spd
Does the AUDM digital cluster get the 'Auto-Dimming' as well? I don't think I've noticed it before. Let me go and try. So I'm assuming there's a light sensor installed somewhere for the the auto-dimming to work?

spookz is offline   Reply With Quote