Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-14-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Technical question about bigger injectors

This question is fuel economy related but I wasn't sure if the people in the FE forum were very technical.

If you swap out the stock injectors for bigger ones AND during normal driving you stay in closed loop mode... i.e. wideband air/fuel mixture is normal at 14.7... are you getting the same gas milage as if you had stock injectors?

My guess is yes. If the ECU is able to maintain an AFR of 14.7, it is metering back the gasoline to the same flow as the stock injectors.

The reason I ask is whether one can trust their data logger or ScanGauge so long as the AFR stays at 14.7. No boosted driving is involved during this gas milage run.
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
yes it's ALMOST the same. If the air/fuel ratio is the same and the amount of air is the same, then the fuel used is the same.

However, as injectors get bigger (for the same purpose) the resolution goes down. My 632cc injectors are at a VERY low duty cycle when not in boost, so I am using up some extra gas because of that.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote