Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-10-2010, 08:48 PM   #1
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Will missing door vapor barrier contribute to condensation when it rains inside?

So i have been having this ratteling sound when i play my speakers and its been annoying me comes only from the drivers side door. I went to take it off today and i noticed some of the plastic tabs for the door switch were broken off. Also half my vapor barrior was cut and torn off when they installed my new door lock actuator under warrenty. This pisses me off. I have done window regulators and door lock actuators that if you slowly peel it off you can reattach it back in place even if needed a bit of duct tape.

Not nessisary to RIP IT OFF and then cut it off with scissors and throw it away. I mean its there for a reason. I think this is the reason when my bass hits i am getting rattling. That and my door lock switch vibrating. Also why maybe my windows seem to fog up very rapidly even with the defroster on now.

Problem is when i take it back to the dealer i supose they can claim i broke the switch. The vapor barrier obviousely was done when they did the actuator.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:31 PM   #2
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
i think the plastic is more there to keep the door skin from rotting away than anything else.... isn't the door skin made from cardboard and plastic? I haven't taken the yaris doors off yet, but every other car i've ripped door skins off had cardboard like material on the backside.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:08 AM   #3
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Anything loose will rattle.

Patch the plastic to protect the door panels.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:07 AM   #4
jambo101

Drives: yaris 08 sedan
Warm inside/cold outside? sounds like potential for condensation to me,Couldnt be too hard to make a new sheet of plastic and stick it in the door
jambo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:18 AM   #5
41magmag41

Drives: Loaded 2007 mica silver sedan
I'd take it back to the dealer and have them repair their shoddy workmanship. You're right in that these panels can be reomved carefully and reinstalled. And yes the condensation you are seeing is a direct result of the plastic being torn. I'd have them replace the tabs as well, no call for that.
41magmag41 is offline   Reply With Quote