Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-14-2015, 08:33 AM   #577
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Quick ?

The Coolant sensor adaptor, should I do the lower or upper radiator hose? I remember someone posting about it somewhere where they suggested...

Coolant going into the block would have a cooler reading.. but would you want to know the coolant temp before or after the coolant has passed through the block?

In the end I guess it wouldn't matter.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:49 PM   #578
BondXII

Drives: 09 Yaris, 08 X-Runner
Your normal reading is incoming temperature. This will let you know that the incoming water is in the 190 range. You could do either side, but if you put it on the out going side to the radiator, you would have to know what the normal temperature is pre-radiator. In reality, it doesn't matter where you put it...as long as you know what the temperature is supposed to be in the area you install it. But when you look at the OEM sensor, it's going into the motor and not coming out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BondXII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:34 AM   #579
ilikerice

makes sense.. what i thought
Old 04-15-2015, 12:36 PM   #580
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
Are remote reservoir suspension setups allowed in STF? I can't put my finger on the specific rule, but I seem to recall a prohibition on them for vehicles that don't come from the factory with them.
14.5.B: Shocks are open in ST - less electronically controlled units.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:37 PM   #581
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
Quick ?

The Coolant sensor adaptor, should I do the lower or upper radiator hose? I remember someone posting about it somewhere where they suggested...

Coolant going into the block would have a cooler reading.. but would you want to know the coolant temp before or after the coolant has passed through the block?

In the end I guess it wouldn't matter.
Just use the OE signal. Should be able to pull it from the OBD2 port.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:07 PM   #582
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Aah, so remote is fine, but not ferrofluid? OEM being the exception.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 02:09 PM   #583
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Drives: light blue liftback
ferrofluid is legal as long as the car came with adjustable shocks as OEM.

As it sits there isn't really a lot of options for aftermarket MR shocks and I wouldn't go with any of them if the controller is not setup correctly for the vehicle.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:53 PM   #584
ilikerice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@SportsCar View Post
hmmm.. will try that, thanks.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:17 PM   #585
andres3165

Drives: Yaris to be
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo_mty View Post
I need better vinyl work and photoshop help
Final product for 2015

Andres
andres3165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 06:02 PM   #586
Eduardo_mty

Andrés do you have a .... "blueprints" to do that work in my car, at least the doors.. Do you can share?
Eduardo_mty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:14 PM   #587
andres3165

Drives: Yaris to be
Quote:
Andrés do you have a .... "blueprints" to do that work in my car, at least the doors.. Do you can share?
I did not have blue prints , besides the picture I posted before I made using the "paint" program from my 8 years desktop. I can send you more pictures and views of mine.

Andres
andres3165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:16 PM   #588
Eduardo_mty

Quote:
Originally Posted by andres3165 View Post
I did not have blue prints , besides the picture I posted before I made using the "paint" program from my 8 years desktop. I can send you more pictures and views of mine.

Andres
I will appreciated, if you send more pictures
Quote:
Eduardo_mty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:17 PM   #589
BondXII

Drives: 09 Yaris, 08 X-Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@SportsCar View Post

Need to check with the gauge company D. The factory output may not be the same for the gauge that you bought. Hate for you to tap that signal wire just to find out that your reading 89 degrees when it's actually 195. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BondXII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 09:52 AM   #590
ilikerice

Yea, that was what I was afraid of. I think I should just use the sensor the gauge came with instead. When I do my water pump, I will install this at the same time while the coolant is drained.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:50 PM   #591
CrankyOldMan

Just wanted to update my new tire info and give some feedback. I went with 195/50R15 Z2 star specs on the 15x7s and 195/55R15 DZ102s on the 15x6.5s. The 102s ride nicely and hold up well in the corners. The Z2s held up well at reasonable pressures and behaved themselves under heavy cornering. It's gonna take a while to re-learn how to drive it, but I have high hopes.

*edit*

I also have an update on the LSD: having a proper alignment makes a world of difference with inside wheel spin. Even with my near-bald snow tires, I was able to gain huge amounts of traction coming out of a corner on my daily commute. I've finally got my summer tires on, so I'll give them a good flogging today on the way to/from work to make sure that's still the case.

Last edited by CrankyOldMan; 04-27-2015 at 06:48 AM.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:11 PM   #592
kwkshft

Drives: 09 Yaris S 3drHB
Send a message via Yahoo to kwkshft
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
Just wanted to update my new tire info and give some feedback. I went with 195/50R15 Z2 star specs on the 15x7s and 195/55R15 DZ102s on the 15x6.5s. The 102s ride nicely and hold up well in the corners. The Z2s held up well at reasonable pressures and behaved themselves under heavy cornering. It's gonna take a while to re-learn how to drive it, but I have high hopes.

*edit*

I also have an update on the LSD: having a proper alignment makes a world of difference with inside wheel spin. Even with my near-bald snow tires, I was able to gain huge amounts of traction coming out of a corner on my daily commute. I've finally got my summer tires on, so I'll give them a good flogging today on the way to/from work to make sure that's still the case.
What region do you run in? I run in FWR(Fort Wayne, IN). Might be worth it to come take a look how your car runs. Just ran my Yaris yesterday in STF with brand new Hankook RS3s, quite a difference from 2 or 3 years ago when I last ran it.

Eric
Old 04-27-2015, 05:21 PM   #593
CrankyOldMan

I normally run in West Michigan Region, but they haven't had any events since 2013. Hence the traveling to South Bend. I plan on running the rest of their events at that site, but the other locations are just too far for now. I'm also getting into rallyX this year with Detroit Region and Furrin Group (furrin.org).
Old 04-28-2015, 04:23 AM   #594
ilikerice

Cranky, you are running LSD in STF?

I have not tried the Z2 or Star specs. I tell you though, Rivals are in my favor. I am still waiting on my Rival S to come in. They are taking their sweet time.