Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Auto Club Speedway June 9 race

Footage from my race on Sunday, nothing to exciting, other than the car turning off in Turns 3 and 5. Have yet to start trying to diagnose the problem.

Tried a new camera location, like the shot, but it needs to be up higher next time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynmzdfX5fF4
Old 06-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Drives: light blue liftback
From the vid it almost sounds like you ran out of gear on the straight.

The engine dying was weird though, didn't seem to do it anywhere else, do you have logging setup on your EMS?
xnamerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
Jason@SportsCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnamerxx View Post
From the vid it almost sounds like you ran out of gear on the straight.

The engine dying was weird though, didn't seem to do it anywhere else, do you have logging setup on your EMS?
In the draft I come up against the limiter (7300rpm) in 5th gear, which is 118mph.

Yesterday I finally started checking stuff out... Looked at the AEM and AiM data, nothing showed up. Pulled the plugs and removed the valve cover. All the plugs looked good, and everything in the valve train looked fine.

At this point I was pretty convinced that the fuel pump may have an intermittent issue. Checked the fuel pressure and all was good, but all of a sudden I had a dead pedal. I had started and run the car a number of times yesterday and everything was fine, now all of a sudden step on the gas pedal and nothing happen.

Plugged in my spare throttle body and it worked perfect, but of course when I switched back the original one was also now ok.

So I went ahead and installed the spare TB, I am also going to replace the gas pedal and fuel pump. If the problem still exists after that it has to be wiring/ECU.

I think before I go to the Runoffs this year I am going to replace the head gasket, valve springs and timing chain, just to be safe.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Drives: light blue liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@SportsCar View Post
At this point I was pretty convinced that the fuel pump may have an intermittent issue. Checked the fuel pressure and all was good, but all of a sudden I had a dead pedal. I had started and run the car a number of times yesterday and everything was fine, now all of a sudden step on the gas pedal and nothing happen.
Almost sounds like what happened to Charlie, although his problem was a bit more "mechanical".

Are you getting a voltage sweep from the pedal?
xnamerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #5
Jason@SportsCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnamerxx View Post
Almost sounds like what happened to Charlie, although his problem was a bit more "mechanical".

Are you getting a voltage sweep from the pedal?
I checked the pedal when I had the laptop hooked up to the AEM, but of course everything was working fine at that time. Later, when the car would not rev I was not pulling data.

Intermittent problems suck.