Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-21-2010, 06:08 PM   #19
Lucas13

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
So, I tried the Rain X kit.

It did work, but not as well as I expected. It looks much better than my other headlight, but far from "new" or even "newish" type of look promised. Could it have been that I didn't put enough elbow grease while sanding the headlights?

I can post pics if you guys would like.

By looking at you pictures I can tell that the silicon based clear coat on you headlights is in bad condition, there are many kits available on the market but most of them will not give the proper results and durability, Since you are not close where I live think my services are too far from you, what I can advice is find a reputable Headlight restoration service or if you want to DIY try the 3M restoration kit, I have never tried it since I have professional tools to get the job done but I’ve heard that is better than the other ones.

This is the website of my headlight restoration business www.headlightexpert.com for anyone that may need it in south Florida I’m here to help!
Lucas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:39 AM   #20
Emerge
On a trek to upgrade...

Drives: 2003 Echo Coupe
Thank you very much, I appreciate the help.
Emerge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:41 AM   #21
jp_caldwell

Drives: 2006 Yaris
I have used Meguiars but I find that I had to use it at least once a month. I did the wet sanding on lights with 1500 grit, it took about 45 min to an hour for each light and then used the Meguiars on it, then used a spray on wax and it has been fine since.
jp_caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #22
RevoluScion

Drives: tC
use GLOSSYLITE.....it's the best easy to use in the market right now and effective. http://www.smartwax-usa.com/ProductD...ductCode=50102

Team & Individual Sponsors:
MOTUL - SMARTWAX - K&N - AEM - TOKICO - R1 CONCEPTS - TOYO TIRES - CROSSFIRE - G2 AUTOSPORTS - M2- NRG - MISHIMOTO - ROTORA - VERTICAL DOORS - CLAZZIO - K&R DIGITAL - EURO LIGHTS - 5ZIGEN
we are a family oriented all Toyota brand Car Club! toyota, lexus, yaris & Scion Bienbenidos!!!!
RevoluScion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:22 PM   #23
NRW

Drives: 08 Yaris
i used the Meguiars Headlight Restoration Kit and it worked great!! cleaned the lens really well. i started off by hand and then switched to a drill, which worked a lot faster.
NRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:11 AM   #24
Lucas13

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
Many of the kits out there provide some temporary solution in short time the fade returns, the meguiars kit works fine when the UV protection still in good shape, once is cracked the only fix is resurfacing the lens.

This is how they look after doing a nice restoration
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JAG R.jpg (200.3 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg TL B&A L.jpg (176.8 KB, 50 views)
Lucas13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
headlight, headlight restoration, headlights