Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-30-2010, 06:30 AM   #1
davros 01
I've made a post!

Drives: toyota yaris
Air conditioning not getting cold

Dear Everybody!

We have a 2004 toyota yaris 1.3 vvti with the air con. We are in the uk and its a uk car. For some reason the AC is now no longer working. The blowers blow air, fans working etc, but when you press the AC switch, the green light comes on to tell you its working, but no cold air comes out at all.

I have checked the fuses in the engine bay, and all are ok. Are there any other fuses in the car etc I have missed? Does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

There is no evidence of a leak of coolant gas, and the engine bay is clean. What can I do to check / try to find the problem, as its now driving me mad, and I would like to get it working, so that when we have a few more hot days, we dont boil in the car!!

Thanks in advance!
davros 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Probably should just take it in and have an A/C service check. 6 year old vehicle, chances are pretty good you've lost your coolant. Since this is a gas, you will not be able to perform a visual inspection for leaks.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:05 PM   #3
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Smile

Yep. If you regularly watch the sight glass in the return line from the condenser to the evaporator you'll see bubbles when it's getting low, but when it's low enough to not cool you won't see anything.
Yaris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:01 AM   #4
nazier
black shark

Drives: black toyota yaris t3 sprit
when they redo the gas for you, ask them to put dye with the gas so they will see if there is a leak for you,
Old 03-29-2014, 10:00 PM   #5
Tarshatron92

Drives: Toyota Yaris yr
Quote:
Originally Posted by davros 01 View Post
Dear Everybody!

We have a 2004 toyota yaris 1.3 vvti with the air con. We are in the uk and its a uk car. For some reason the AC is now no longer working. The blowers blow air, fans working etc, but when you press the AC switch, the green light comes on to tell you its working, but no cold air comes out at all.

I have checked the fuses in the engine bay, and all are ok. Are there any other fuses in the car etc I have missed? Does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

There is no evidence of a leak of coolant gas, and the engine bay is clean. What can I do to check / try to find the problem, as its now driving me mad, and I would like to get it working, so that when we have a few more hot days, we dont boil in the car!!

Thanks in advance!
Hey my car is having this same problem except they checked for leaks and thought it was the compressor but replaced it 3 times and still don't know what the problem is. I was in two minor accidents thought it was caused by that, they said it's common in yaris'

Did you find out what the problem was!?
Tarshatron92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:55 AM   #6
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarshatron92 View Post
Hey my car is having this same problem except they checked for leaks and thought it was the compressor but replaced it 3 times and still don't know what the problem is. I was in two minor accidents thought it was caused by that, they said it's common in yaris'

Did you find out what the problem was!?
I hope you didn't have to pay for each replacement!
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote