Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-21-2018, 03:28 AM   #1
Ben_

Drives: 2010 Yaris Hatch
bilstein b6

looking at upgrading from stock shocks/struts to something better using the stock springs. any advice on that? the tokicos seem to me out of stock everywhere
Ben_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:27 AM   #2
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Why do you want to stay on stock springs?

This will help answer the question as to what set up would be the best. Sometimes best is the oem set up depending on your wants/needs
Old 03-21-2018, 07:50 PM   #3
Ben_

because I like the stock ride height and spring rate. My shocks are wore out and I will be replacing them in the near future. Just looking for something that will be better than stock
Old 03-21-2018, 09:18 PM   #4
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
fair enough. Although I'm still not sure what you mean with "better than stock"? That is purely subjective to each owner as for some it will mean a stiffer spring rate which it doesn't sound like you necessarily want. The B6's iirc are stock spring rate so you won't notice any difference over factory struts/shocks.

Now "better" could mean longer lasting but in all honesty the factory suspension in the Yaris lasts ridiculously long especially since it's such a light car. Meaning the B6's might not even last as long. I'd recommend you stick with factory struts/shocks or if you want a less expensive but reliable option either KYB's or Munroe's.

If you want a stiffer set up than go with Bilstein B8's but even those are apparently on back order now
Old 03-21-2018, 09:45 PM   #5
Ben_

I use the car for auto-x and street class requires using stock springs... I saw these are available and was wondering if the valving is more aggresive than stock or if there is another shock available for stock springs that is better. I was going to go for the tokico's but they are discontinued

do you have any personal experience with the b6?
Old 03-21-2018, 09:46 PM   #6
Ben_

if KYB agx was available I would probably go for that