Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-29-2014, 04:38 PM   #1
taKuto
rice rocket

Drives: 05 Echo
My bagged trunk build

After running for over a year on bags, it's time I upgraded my hackjob styrofoam and tape trunk setup. Seemed so flimsy but I just threw it all together at the time. But having to worry about it flying everywhere on hard corners, it's time to bolt everything down nice and sturdy. Took the past few weeks slowly working on the trunk after work every night. A few pics of my old setup with the old air manifold.

I've upgraded to the VU4 air manifold for some space savings.

Here's the plan....

A base platform, and a shelf to mount the tank, hiding the amp underneath. VU4 manifold mounted on an angled bracket.

Cut the base platform and carpeted, notched the board so it wedges in between the rear seat frame and sits tidy up against the frame.

Gotta make use of the wheel well by stuffing all my wires under there since the base platform is propped higher. Had to put some wood blocks on one side since the trunk is lower on that side only.

Built the shelf, manifold bracket, and mounted the tank. Bought the VU4 used and didn't come with the connector, improvised my own plugs to cheap out.

After test fitting, I realized compressor was squeezed. Eyeballing all the measurements didnt go as planned. Threw it onto my sweet workbench and trimmed more. Going to look sloppy patching the base platform now

Almost done, then I can move onto my intercooler....
Old 07-29-2014, 05:23 PM   #2
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
thats pretty fancy!
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 02:54 AM   #3
taKuto
rice rocket

Drives: 05 Echo
DIY pressure gauge to monitor pressure on all sides, haven't figured out how to mount it yet. Probably going to find some cheapo 52mm gauge and gut it to put the screen in.

checking if everything fits right, looks it's all a tight squeeze. That should keep everything from moving around!