Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2016, 03:03 AM   #1
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
3M headlight restorer

i was cleaning out the garage the other day(mmmmm...spring) and found a clever headlight restorer i bought a few years ago and forgot all about. i tried the old 'deet-trick' last summer to brighten them up, but was hesitant after talking to a co-worker who said those sanding kits don't work.

anyways, i just followed the instructions to a 't'. you will need a drill(it recommended at least 1200 rpm, but my 900 rpm black and decker worked fine), some microfiber cloths, and a spray bottle with plain ol' tap water. the kit comes with a bit that has a 3 inch velcro pad on one end. the other goes in your drill - obviously. you get two different grit sandpaper, a wet-sanding pad, and a buffer pad for the included polish. it also comes with a wax protectorant to rub on at the end.

if you decide to do it just take your time and FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS. the lens will look worse before it looks better so just have faith. good luck!*

*the above is just an honest testimonial. your actual results may vary.
toad is offline   Reply With Quote