Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-01-2009, 12:02 PM   #1
regal

Drives: 09 Yaris 3 Dr White LB
Aftermarket rim thread vs official wheel guide

After reading the official wheel & tire guide thread I think the "post pics of your Yaris with after market rims" thread should be renamed the "rub a dub dub " thread.

It seems about 90% of the rims pics thread are rubbing. I know it is difficult to find rims with enough offset to avoid rubbing, but I would rather stay stock than rub.
regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:11 PM   #2
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
The wheel and tire guide is meant to be a fail safe noobie helmet. It doesn't mean wheel and tire combinations that aren't listed there won't work. It can depend on the wheel manufacturer, the tire manufacturer, or both. Some tires run wider than others, etc. If you want something you know will fit, follow the guide. If you want something you think may fit, test it out first.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote