Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-15-2006, 02:10 AM   #1
acrbill

Drives: Polar White Hatch
alarm install

Has anyone installed an alarm on their 07 Yaris? I mean installed themselves not by a shop.

I just want to know if you had any trouble with the drivers side door pin trigger.

Right now it seems like all the wiring sheets I come across show it being a red wire, but that appears not to be the case.

Tomorrow I am going to pop the door panel off and see if I can locate the door pin. That way I can either tap into it right there or follow it to the fuse panel.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:30 AM   #2
Wayside

Drives: 07 yaris 5spd sdn
Both of my sheets report the same. I haven't installed the alarm yet but I did install window modules and the wire locations have been right on so far.

Door Trigger - see notes*- fuse box, top left, 30 pin plug

Notes: The LF door is red in pin 21. The RF door is blue in pin 24. The LR door is green or yellow in pin 5. The RR door is blue in pin 20. The rear doors are common on some models. Use all four wires and diode isolate each.
Wayside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:12 PM   #3
acrbill

Drives: Polar White Hatch
well I found the door pin. It is on the B-pillar. I pulled the interior panel off and found the wire for the pin. It was red just like it should be in the fuse panel.
I just tapped into it and everything is good now.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:17 AM   #4
T0ny2oo4

Drives: Polar White Liftback
arcbill is that a real actual photo of your yaris. if so what kinda suspension is on it?
T0ny2oo4 is offline   Reply With Quote