Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-10-2007, 12:12 PM   #19
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmf View Post
please educate me, thats what i have been told. i used to be a corolla owner, and the dbw rollas 05+ were all dbw(excludes xrs) and when changing intakes car would throw a CEL
All cars regulate airflow, not just DBW cars. It all starts with your gas pedal.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:36 PM   #20
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Think about it... a proper CAI has a substantial amount of tubing running through the engine bay, and despite aluminum's heat properties it cannot totally prevent heat diffusion through the pipe and into your air..
I agree there. I bought some header wrap to put on my Vibe's CAI for that reason. Never got around to it, though... blew the MAF sensor thanks to an unlucky shot with the water hose, and decided to go back stock.

~YR
Old 04-30-2007, 09:20 AM   #21
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
Bump for intakes...

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:54 PM   #22
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
Just got in my Fujita today. I'll let you guys know how it goes once I get it installed. The gym bag and free hat voucher were very cool.

LOL @ the NOS Energy drink wrapped in bubble wrap. Thanks Fujita!
Old 09-14-2007, 09:56 AM   #23
KSIbucky

Drives: 2007 Yaris manual dark silver
Send a message via AIM to KSIbucky Send a message via MSN to KSIbucky
do you NEED to remove the bumper for the fujita intake
Blitz exhaust
Megan Lowering Springs
(Next is DC Header)
KSIbucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:18 AM   #24
AlphaFox

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Revenge View Post
I saw a formula one time (@ genvibe.com) that calculated power increase/loss based on the air temperature, and according to that, most short ram systems actually caused a HP loss... their positioning usually pulls in air that's closer to the engine (hence warmer) than the stock airboxes. Dunno' how accurate that would be though... the math looked impressive. There was multiplication and decimals and stuff!

Several people on that site were very unhappy with the short rams... claimed a substantial loss of low end.

However, if warmer air leads to better mpg, a short ram may be the ideal thing to increase a Yaris' already impressive ratings, while making throttle response quicker!

~YR
I know this thread is old, but since it was bumped allready..
After I installed my Weapon R short ram the intake temps decreased by about 10 deg. over the stock air box. the scanguage said so.
AlphaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 11:36 AM   #25
blueskana

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
I have a sai made by scalping the maf sensor mount from the OEM box, shortening the TB-to-maf tube, K&N cone filter, then sealing it off from the engine compartment with an insulated barrier. Air is redirected from the left driving light hole and into the cooler bay with the filter. Intake temps are way down, throttle response is good, pull is good. No CEL's at all. Overall I'm very happy with it.
I might suggest you look into a sai, seal it off, and give it a fresh cool air source. May be the best of both worlds without the drawbacks of either. Make sure the construction of the barrier is insulated so it doesn't just end up getting hot from the engine and negating some of the benefits. Eventually I'd like to start the isolation right from the TB so not even the 5 inches of pipe/maf are exposed the engine bay heat.
It sounds wicked too ;)
blueskana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:07 PM   #26
CompanyXPaladin

Drives: 08 Yaris 5-speed
Does anyone know what kind of results you would get with a SRI and something like a Cr02 system, or something else to chill the air out of an SRI?
CompanyXPaladin is offline   Reply With Quote