Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-29-2009, 04:57 PM   #1
PaidTimeOff
OMGWTFKITTYKATMEWMEWMEW

Drives: 2008 Yaris S
eBay seller warning/feedback thread

Just thought it might be a nice resource for us to have on here seeing as many members buy products (mainly what we can't get from the official YW vendors here) off sellers there.

Basically, provide the seller's eBay username, what you bought, description of what happened with the sale.

You could list both good and bad feedback here, but I figured with some of the sellers (one recent decal seller comes to mind ) being jerks and not providing good customer service to their buyers, it'd be nice to have an idea for who's reliable/unreliable when it comes to eBay. Positive feedback for sellers here could also potentially bring them more business as word-of-mouth is king in an online forum. And why shouldn't we reward those who have gone above and beyond the call of duty to make sure their customers are well taken care of? Just because you're not selling an item from your own personal store doesn't mean you should just be able to do whatever you want to your "customers."

Of course, I was mostly inspired to do this due to recent problems I'm having with a seller... so here goes...

Seller name: ocstereo

Item purchased: Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD CD/DVD Car Stereo

Situation: Seller's got a 99.2% feedback percentage (I don't even consider buying from sellers with less than a 95% feedback rating). Ordered it and the item arrived lickety-split. Took it to get professionally installed at my usual car stereo place. They tried to install it and found that the CD/DVD drive was not working (wouldn't accept discs). Contacted seller, no response for a few days. Finally got back to me and told me to send it back to them for an exchange. Spent 26 bucks extra to return the broken deck they sent me back to them.

Got delivery confirmation that stated they received it on the 12th of January, asked them for an update on the exchange and they told me it was in their "returns dept." and they were processing it. Ok, no problem. Waited a week, no update. Eventually I was sending them emails just about every other day asking what's up with my exchange. The guy emailing me gave me the runaround for a week or so... "oh, they haven't processed it yet. I'll tell them to forward me the info..." etc. etc.

Finally, this week I got fed up with their refusal to give me a solid date for my exchange and I opened a dispute with paypal. NOW, they claim that they've only had the defective unit for a week (it's actually been over 2 weeks and I have the delivery confirmation code to prove it), claim that the reason the unit is defective is because of an "installation issue" (basically that the installers somehow broke the unit) and are sending it back to the manufacturer and will send me the one they receive back from Pioneer. MEANWHILE, they've got more of the same product in stock. I know this, because they have them listed for sale on eBay.

What sort of "company" does this to their customers? I could understand if they just ran out of stock of the item or something, but why wait to receive the new unit from the manufacturer and also make me, the customer who already paid for a brand new working unit, wait for this when they have other working units in stock? Obviously, I'm not trying to cheat them to get an extra item because I've already sent them the defective one, and if they keep track of their units, they'll see that the serial numbers match up. So now it's been a month and I'm just sitting here minus 330 dollars with nothing to show for it.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SELLER AT ALL COSTS. Everything works out great as long as your unit doesn't arrive broken, but why take that chance when there are other sellers that honestly put their customers' satisfaction first? ocstereo claims to do this in their auction, but their actions prove otherwise.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:57 PM   #2
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
Wow that sucks. It negates using ebay and supports my theme to buy local or from who you know. I would rather spend a few bucks and keep a neighbor in work then go through ebay.

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Bob_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:35 AM   #3
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Stay away from foreign sellers as well.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:44 AM   #4
ZING

Drives: Yaris '09,GTi '09, BMW 3.30ci
Quote: