Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-17-2010, 03:47 AM   #19
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
Just stay home Garm! Give me the keys, damnit! haha.

Times posted! WHOA! They misplaced my name to HS. Made me look at those guys' times. I was like, "huh?" Surprised by my performance. I was only 3.5 secs off the leader! And they are on r-comps. I've come along way, it looks like :)
So happy. wooo hoooooooo
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:27 AM   #20
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Hi guys. I bought a house in June and spent every spare moment and dollar working on it. Just moved in on the 11th. I expect to be able to race again in September.
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:29 AM   #21
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ Sept 26, and congrats on your new home!!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:01 AM   #22
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
Helmet-head house-warming party at Long's house!

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:47 AM   #23
justjesus

We could shock the neighbors with the 5-6 Yarii that show up!!!

CST....beware
Old 08-22-2010, 03:49 AM   #24
justjesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtNoogie View Post
Hi guys. I bought a house in June and spent every spare moment and dollar working on it. Just moved in on the 11th. I expect to be able to race again in September.
BTW: if you ever want me to drive your car for you, in your absence, I'd be happy to do it. CST might start taking us seriously. Soon enough.

CST...beware
Old 08-27-2010, 02:56 PM   #25
echosqwat

Drives: Porsche Boxster
Curious how you guys are doing in respective classes with the Yaris? I setup one of the first Toyota Echos for ax back in 2001. It was very capable little car and surprised most who saw it. But it was really never comptitive in SCCA classes at a high level. How do your cars do in SCCA events at El Toro?

I dont think I saw any of you when I was down with my chop top Porsche Boxster for the divisional event.
echosqwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:16 AM   #26
justjesus

in HS, the Yaris didn't do well. That was a while back and we were all new. I'm a little better and planning to revisit HS.

in CST, i'm a little on the slower end of the times.

The guys doing this in SoCal (correct me if I'm wrong here) are doing this for fun, though.

I was there for BOTH divisional days...in my CRX.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:58 PM   #27
echosqwat

Drives: Porsche Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjesus View Post
in HS, the Yaris didn't do well. That was a while back and we were all new. I'm a little better and planning to revisit HS.

in CST, i'm a little on the slower end of the times.

The guys doing this in SoCal (correct me if I'm wrong here) are doing this for fun, though.

I was there for BOTH divisional days...in my CRX.
Yeah I usually ran my Echo for fun too. Usually with PCA. It was a total sleeper. With full on koni sports, sport springs, big whiteline sways, rear and front suspension braces. 15x7 wheels with Falkens. Porsche guys would laugh when they saw me drive up to grid and would cry when they saw times I was turning.

Look at their faces on this video as I drive back from finish after my run at local AX a few years ago. Hilarious stuff. They thought I had a huge motor in the car. It was stock motor with an intake. I had stripped all rear inteior and it weighed 1900 lbs.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/toyo...video_6469.htm

I'm seriously looking at Yaris now. Was thinking of doing very lightweight car with supercharger. I was also thinking of really focusing on suspension and doing monoballs, possibly do something that would allow better adjustability of both front and rear aligment. I could drive the snot out of the Echo.

Here is my current car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bc2.JPG (61.7 KB, 8 views)
echosqwat is offline   Reply With Quote