Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-07-2009, 05:14 PM   #1
Liu997

Drives: 2008 Red Yaris LB
Security- Dome lights

Im setting up a security system on my car and would like to know how to connect the dome lights and neons. Currently I don't think it will be possible without a bunch of relays
I currently have my neons connected to the 4k-2 connector on the ECU which becomes a ground when the doors are open.
If I connect my security system to a relay which provides a ground to the neons, when the doors are not open I think I would get a nice hefty spark cause the 4K-2 connector becomes + when doors are not open.
I was thinking about connecting the 4K-2 connector to a relay which will provide ground to the neons when doors are open, then also connect the security system to the same relay and it should work but my dome light still wouldn't be on.
Damn I wonder why they make this electrical stuff so hard if you have any suggestions please post
Liu997 is offline   Reply With Quote