Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-17-2007, 01:46 PM   #1
spookme

Drives: Toyota Yaris 1.3 VVTi T Spirit
Dealer Trying it on?

Hi,

Im hoping someone will have some help for me please!

Ok I have a Yaris 2006 model, last month I had to take it in and I noted to them that on full lock the car made an awful sound. As it turned out they noted on the paperwork that the CV was noisy. The car went in and they "sorted" the problem. I also questioned if this problem would cause a problem with tire wear and was told no.

Ok so i get the car back and note that the steering wheel was now not bang in the middle as it had been and that this weekend again on full lock that the noise was still present.

I call the dealership explained the situation and rebooked the car back in.

Today its been in and here it comes..............

The noise itself apprently, was something to do with the disc not being set properly.......... or something!

The steeringwheel, has nothing to do with the work they had carried out and that in their view the car has been curbed!. I did say I accept that there is some damage to the front NS wheel. this was from the wheel scrubbing against a kerb, not hitting it.

However whats annoyed me is that the workshop manual available on the site here clearly states that as one of the final steps that wheel alignment should be checked and now Im not sure how best to deal with the work shop manager tomorrow when I go back in for "a word" !!!!!!!!

Can anyone shed some light on this for me, am I really completely off my head or am Im being palmed off?

Thanks in advance for your help.
spookme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:20 PM   #2
SailDesign

Drives: .
Take it to another dealer - don't give them any more info than you gave the first lot, and ask them to diagnose. If they find afault, THEN give them the history and ask what you should do.
If they don't find anything different from the first one, chances are you're off your head (your words, not mine )
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:04 AM   #3
spookme

Drives: Toyota Yaris 1.3 VVTi T Spirit
Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

I took advice from another dealer desrcibed the problems etc, when i then went on to tell them what had been said to me they quickly suggested that I took it up with the dealer in question.

Not to be put off, I decided to ring Toyota GB and ask for the matter to be looked into. I even went so far as to quote page numbers from the factory repair guide lol

They are now taking charge of this having suggested that there could be a problem.

Ill keep you posted, if my Yaris is having these problems then chances are its not alone!
spookme is offline   Reply With Quote