Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-23-2013, 07:19 AM   #1
Revsson

Drives: 2009 Meteorite Metallic LB MT
3M Sound Deadening Pads ?

I saw this article online, and thought I would pass it along. I have no
experience with the product. If you read the blogs or comments at the
bottom, you'll see all the Yaris haters, as if you didn't know they existed.

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/can-i-qu...223535687.html
Revsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #2
Viperoni

Drives: 2005 Toyota Echo
Dampening noise works exactly like they say it does; you only need to cover something like 25% of a panel before any more is a waste.
Can't comment on the 3M product, but a properly design "Constrained Layer Damper" (CLD) tile will dampen the panel's vibration.
Here's an example:

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com.../civic-2_1.jpg

Problem is that doesn't make much difference because there's tons of sound that still goes through the panel, and the 3M/other CLD material doesn't block much sound at all from passing through itself (IE: it's not the right solution for blocking noise from coming through various panels).
2005 Toyota Echo RS 4dr hatch - Cyl #3 bad - sold
2000 Toyota Echo 2dr coupe - The track car - rusty & scrapped
Viperoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:33 AM   #3
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revsson View Post
you'll see all the Yaris haters, as if you didn't know they existed.
So, the comments section of Yahoo is where all of those guys who dropped out of high school end up when surfing the internet? Scrolled through there and had a good laugh. Quite the collection of mouth-breathers...

"Get a real car none of them cheep jap cars made out of tin like a can you can get a chevy if u want a good ol car that was made their in america by americans for americans nothing says 'merica like hereing my big block v8 roaring!", etc...

jpmck03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:55 AM   #4
alfredyeez

Drives: Yaris Sedan
http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_113002/article.html

Anticipating part II
alfredyeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #5
frog13
Tw200--excellent!

Drives: 2010 yaris..absolutely red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmck03 View Post
So, the comments section of Yahoo is where all of those guys who dropped out of high school end up when surfing the internet? Scrolled through there and had a good laugh. Quite the collection of mouth-breathers...

"Get a real car none of them cheep jap cars made out of tin like a can you can get a chevy if u want a good ol car that was made their in america by americans for americans nothing says 'merica like hereing my big block v8 roaring!", etc...

OMG....your quote of said English major is right on target!.Here da banjoes a playin!.
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote