Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-15-2007, 02:16 AM   #1
solarVitz

Drives: 08 Yaris S Liftback
Send a message via AIM to solarVitz Send a message via Yahoo to solarVitz
my Yaris GSR

i got some nice integra GSR wheels from my mom's 89 Civic hatch in exchange for my stock steelies with hubcaps. i like them since theyre oem wheels. all i need now is wait for my Tein s tech lowering springs to come in and im all set. here are some pics...

solarVitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 02:21 AM   #2
yrsdrgn

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to yrsdrgn
hehe looks nice. the rims look alright on the yaris. nice little lucky care bear you got there. I'd put the blue sleepy care bear on cuz it's a blue car but that's just me hehe.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:32 AM   #3
smokinyaris

Drives: bad boy
looks good just need to lower it now.........
smokinyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:04 AM   #4
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
care bare??? HOW CUTE!
Old 07-15-2007, 11:18 AM   #5
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinyaris View Post
Time to take that scratch out of the record, smokin...
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:43 AM   #6
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Not too bad. Better than hub caps!
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:26 PM   #7
ROCKLANDTOYOTA
JOE GIRTH

Drives: YARIS 3DOOR
i was looking at honda wheels the other day. can anyone photoshop a bb h/b with 99/00 si wheels on it????
Old 07-20-2007, 06:53 PM   #8
joey1320

Drives: Yaris LB
nice hammerhead wheels on a yaris. i have had 3 pairs of those on diffeent hondas and i really like the way they look. i painted the last ones black ona red '92 hatch, man that was nice...
joey1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 02:35 AM   #9
seanele

Drives: '07 Blazing Blue LB, '09 Jetta
Tein S tech??...granted...

[IMG]
Shot with C150,D390 at 2007-07-20[/IMG]
Old 07-21-2007, 02:38 AM   #10
seanele

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanele View Post
Tein S tech??...granted...
sorryyy...i just wanna see how nice if that is my car...since we have the same color. excuse me for my amateur p'chop there.....:)
Old 07-21-2007, 03:15 AM   #11
njyaris
YARIS NEWBIE

Drives: YARIS 07 LIFTBACK
Send a message via AIM to njyaris Send a message via Yahoo to njyaris
good choice going with the Tien's ..
Old 07-21-2007, 03:35 AM   #12
Edd

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinyaris View Post
That's the only problem with this forum, everyone is obsessed with lowering. It just means that when you drive your car over a speed bump or up a sloped kerb into a driveway/carpark you will be much more likely to scratch the shit out of it. That's why a body kit is good, it will give you the look of a lower car, but if you scratch something, it will only be the front lip, which is a lot easier to take off and fix/replace than the actual body.
Edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:16 AM   #13
eijikikimaru
Q(','Q)

Drives: 3dr Meteroite
No one said anything about lowering to the point where you scratch everything. There are spring/coilovers that give you the ability to lower your car to a point where speed bums, slope curbs, and scratching are not problems.

A lot of people have the misconception of a lower car as being prone to these things. The majority of those that do lower their cars do this for looks and are aware of the pros and cons, however there are those who lower their cars just enough to get a cleaner look w/o the trade being bad.
I understand that our yaris, at least the LB version, looks like it's raised to the point where it looks like it's about to go off roading. Therefore a lot suggest lowering the car. I personally find that lowering the car even just 1/2 and inch makes the car look great compared to the stock height.
It's true what Edd says about the problems of a lowered car but that could be from his own personal experience of a car lowered where it's prone to slow angled rolls over bumps and slope curbs.

Some like the stock looks and a lot of others don't. Some like a high lifted look where it looks like your car is being lifted into the air, and some like the lowered sportier look.

As for body kits the same thing can be said about scratching... since the illusion of the car looks lower doesn't that mean that the body is closer to the ground? I mean, you just added less ground clearance by adding a kit.

Most springs are cheaper then kits, they can make your car look good, handle better and still not scrape the sh!t our of the body. So there is no repairs necessary unless you, the driver, are reckless. With that being said it's all depends on the driver weather or not to be reckless. Like the law makers/enforcers say, driving is a privledge not a right. Kits can leave debris possibly causing accident, i.e. driving behind someone that hit a speedbump breaking their front lip and the lip flying into someone windshield. That possibly causing a multi car accident.If you lower your car where you can be more prone to not only damaging your car but cars around you that was your risk you took upon yourself and other well being. Lowered cars can hit a dip/bump, causing the car to bounce and after landing break an axle, which could then make the car swerve,stop in it's track, or send a wheel flying. All of these in traffic can cause an accident which could possibly have been avoided if the driver took proper precautions. Pros and Cons. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Edd had good points, and it's another possible route others can take. Its just the way it was worded it could possibly sound like a negative towered lowering the car. Don't take it the wrong way Edd, I'm not trying to attack you and I'm sure you weren't trying to do the same to those who lowered or suggest lowering. Your opinion was appreciated and heard. Thanks for your input.

Last edited by eijikikimaru; 07-21-2007 at 04:33 AM.
eijikikimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:48 AM   #14
Edd

Drives: None
Maybe I worded it incorrectly. Where I am, there are a few places I regularly go where it's easy to scratch a stock car, let alone a lowered one. Though I don't have a yaris, so maybe it's higher than your average hatch.
I spose what I'm saying is, it's fair enough to get the nice sporty look to your yaris, but a lot of people seem to force the lowering onto everyone that posts a picture. My annoyance for lowering mainly comes from those who do it to utes and retard its ability as a work vehicle.
By the way, the wheels look great.
Edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:55 AM   #15
eijikikimaru
Q(','Q)

Drives: 3dr Meteroite
Nod nod, I agree with Edd's annoyance for those who do lowered to the part where the car ability is hindered. Also agreed with Edd on the the looks of the rims.

Oh, I forgot to mention that environment helps a lot. Some live in cities where there are potholes,speedbumps, and slanted slopes galore. Others have rocky roads, and the lucky ones have flat paved roads everywhere they go
eijikikimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 08:37 AM   #16
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
I agree with Edd; too many on this forum believe lowering is the ONLY way to go to make the car look "right".

With some decent wheels (with a proper offset) and some good rubber (in the proper size), your stock height Yaris can look great and you'll have a functional daily driver with a comfortable ride.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:27 PM   #17
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
oh.. you need some toyota center caps :)
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:42 PM   #18
seanele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd View Post
That's the only problem with this forum, everyone is obsessed with lowering. It just means that when you drive your car over a speed bump or up a sloped kerb into a driveway/carpark you will be much more likely to scratch the shit out of it. That's why a body kit is good, it will give you the look of a lower car, but if you scratch something, it will only be the front lip, which is a lot easier to take off and fix/replace than the actual body.
well..i like lowering setup for 2 main reasons,

first,
being a VW owner for 14 years, i'm used to for originality or factory setting.
but since the last 2 cars is already lowered from factory, i became used to with that setting.
the last one is the GLi.
i bought this car brand new from VW and it's already has all around bodykit, 18in BBS rims, and lowered 1.5in. all factory setup, not add-on from my side.
the only thing i did is, i switch the rims with stock rims from my buddy's VW R32, but they are same size, specs is 18x7.5 OZ rims and 225-40-ZR18 Eagle F1 tires.
i owned this car since 2005 and it actually gave me many nightmares in terms of.."am i gonna hit that curb or not?"...
but other than that, it's the best and the most fun car i ever have.

second,
i've seen many Yaris in freeways of SoCal.
some with stock all around,
some with stock rims but lowered,
some with aftermarket wheels and lowered,
but also,
some with aftermarket wheels..and without lowering setup.

my God those car looks so tall.

last week,
i saw this silver LB with after market wheels set.
not sure what the size is but surely a big rims. either 17in or 18in to me.
we met in Rowland Heights area and together we entered the 60 freeway.

from behind..the car looks so tall and much like a mini van.
on the freeway...
when a new Mazda mini van pass by,
i can see that the Yaris is almost taller than the Mazda.

then i said this to my wife,
"see that honey..., that's why we've gotta get the lowering spring!"
(our new rims is on the process of ordering, last time we ordered..they out of stock)

of course people ways of thinking is different...,
but i still gonna buy that Tanabe DF210 or probaby the Tein spring.
not sure which one is better, but i will get one of them.