Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-05-2009, 12:10 AM   #1
jekqmb
Local Sh*t Disturber

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB
Hello Buying a I mean BOUGHT!! A yaris

Ya im buying a yaris 3 door LB 5 speed very very soon maybe this weekend if i can get off work , i own a 2004 Saturn Ion Redline with lots done and i own GatewayEcotec which is a local forum...Alot of CobaltSS/Redline owners know my car on the forums, its had alot done to it and it used to run its balls off, its having problems that i dont care to fix. So im buying a Yaris and i cant wait!!!! Nobody in the st.louis area tunes these things so i cant wait to see the looks on peoples faces when they see me pull up in one and ask where my redline went hehe , i also owned a 98 srt-4 swapped neon R/T that i recently sold awhile back. Man this is going to be a whole new world for me
Pics of my Redline...... 347whp on nitrous/race gas-270whp off nitrous.

Last edited by jekqmb; 08-12-2009 at 11:40 PM.
jekqmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:00 AM   #2
Revsson

Drives: 2009 Meteorite Metallic LB MT
Welcome to the forums.
Looking forward to pics of the new car as well.
Revsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:46 PM   #3
jekqmb
Local Sh*t Disturber

Hey guys going tonight to look at 2 yaris and see what they will give me for my Redline!! The problem is should i see if i can order one maybe an S version or just buy 1 off the lot? They have a base manual and a fully loaded 4 door auto . I want the car for Auto-x so im going to need a manny. But im getting excited Im buying a set of 15" Rotas and ordering some springs from Micro Image ASAP if i buy 1 tonight, i found a few back ups if this dealer trys to mess with me. Ill have a Yaris hopefully tonight or at the latest the end of next week
Old 08-12-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
Yarimoto

Drives: 09' Yaris 2D LB
Very nice, I'm sure you will have fun with the car. Good luck! Post pics when you pick up your baby!

"Your not in control, until your out of control"
Yarimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:17 PM   #5
jekqmb
Local Sh*t Disturber

Woooo hoooo ordered a fully loaded 2009 polar white 3 door LB 5 speed!!!!!!!!! Pick her up next week Now you all can welcome me to Yaris world officially , Im going enjoy my last week with the Redline though, im going to detail her one more time before we part ways, im also going to sell every mod i have on it and swap for stock parts, hehe Got to buy me some Rotas and i think im going to order the Tein Coilovers. Here is a pic of the exact car,they just have to have it delivered, but at least they found the one i wanted!!! Lots to come, Coilovers, Nitrous, Custom Intake Manifold etc... If anyone doesnt know i am very involved in the the Ecotec Community, i plan all the major Missouri meets, own a forum, help with Midwest Meets, i know lots of shop owners and have great connections. I hope to be like that with these car for sure! I am also planning on teaming up with a local shop and designing a few parts for the Yari as well...I was about 10 minutes away from buying an Aveo5 lol, but Toyota gave me a better deal.

Last edited by jekqmb; 08-12-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:13 AM   #6
Revsson

Drives: 2009 Meteorite Metallic LB MT
Congratulations and Welcome to the forums!
It will be interesting to see what parts you come up with for the Yaris.
Revsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:11 PM   #7
jekqmb
Local Sh*t Disturber

Thanks for the welcome, she got in tonight at 6pm! I pick her up at noon this Wedsnday on my day off..... . Im so excited to start tuning a micro car!
I actually bought 15x6.5 rota SA racing rims pink center with polished lip and 3k HID's, and a DOMO keychain to hang under the rear bumper hehe .....I believe this sunday im debating on getting Tein coilovers or buying springs since winter is coming in a few months. Ill post pics in a few weeks of the progress.
Jake
Old 08-17-2009, 09:59 PM   #8
DandiDani

Drives: 09' Meteorite liftback
Send a message via MSN to DandiDani
yay!Welcome!
DandiDani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:26 PM   #9
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekqmb View Post
Woooo hoooo ordered a fully loaded 2009 polar white 3 door LB 5 speed!!!!!!!!! ...I was about 10 minutes away from buying an Aveo5 lol, but Toyota gave me a better deal.
Really? I honestly think the Yaris is a better car. The Aveo looks stylish, though, I'll give you that.

Welcome!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:44 PM   #10
jekqmb
Local Sh*t Disturber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
Really? I honestly think the Yaris is a better car. The Aveo looks stylish, though, I'll give you that.

Welcome!
Haha I like the Aveo cause i know the Ecotec motors inside and out.... But the Yaris has a way bigger aftermarket and re-sale value.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:31 AM   #11
advocate

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekqmb View Post
But the Yaris has a way bigger aftermarket and re-sale value.
That's because it's not American made

Congratulations and welcome! I'm sure we'll all be anticipating your custom parts. We have a couple users on the board who make their own parts and have had great success.
advocate is offline   Reply With Quote