Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-14-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
They're (comming) back. Hide the children!

I hate to tell you this but, "American Chopper" is comming back as the Teutuls have reached a new deal with the Discovery channel.
Read all about it in my home town newspaper.

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbc...14/BIZ/4140346

To be honest, the vast majority of the locals (including me) have had our fill of the Teutuls a long time ago and we could not care less about them.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:35 PM   #2
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
I didn't realize they had gone. The show went down hill a long time ago.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:11 PM   #3
SailDesign

Drives: .
It's sad - but I really couldn't give a toss whether they come back or not. Used to watch the show all the time at the beginning....
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:23 PM   #4
RedRide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
It's sad - but I really couldn't give a toss whether they come back or not. Used to watch the show all the time at the beginning....
I used to watch it at the beginning also.
I actually watched two episodes before I realized it was not Orange co CA but, Orange co NY and the "Choppers" were short distance away from me.

Anyway, they wore out their welcome a long time ago when it became clear that they were just a disfuntional family that had/has very questionable business practices and built mediocre bikes.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:49 PM   #5
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Doomed to fail, the reason American Chopper went off the air in the first place was because people were sick of the fighting between Sr & Jr. Now the show is going to revolve around their conflicts? It should center around Mikey, at least he was genuine and interesting...

They should count their blessings that it lasted as long as it did!

Discovery is really starting to drag the bottom for shows. The new one about the exterminator that was on an episode of Dirty Jobs is weak, as is Howe & Howe Tech (a.k.a. American Chopper regurgitated). It seems like Discovery's shows are either hot or cold, some like Cash Cab, Mythbusters and Destroyed in Seconds are interesting and entertaining; but others just fall short.

But at least Operation Repo isn't one of theirs...that has to be the stupidest show on TV!

Cheers! M2
Old 04-15-2010, 01:18 AM   #6
JBougie
Banned

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
That show sucks. Here's what will happen:

1. They're going to fight
2. Someone is going to rehab
3. Senior is going to make all the employees uncomfortable because he wants to act like Hulk and throw something across the shop
4. They are going to make some bike that costs way too much money; while having at least two "oh no! this build might not work out!" moments, knowing that it never ends up that way
5. Jr. is going to throw a little temper tantrum because he's a whiny bitch
6. They are going to break up and then threaten to close the shop
7. We are going to have to listen to them talk in that horrible monotone narrative voice all season

:thumb down:
JBougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:53 AM   #7
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
If only they could bring back Monster Garage instead...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:29 AM   #8
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
If only they could bring back Monster Garage instead...
Preferably with a new host.... Talk about whiny bitches.
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:10 AM   #9
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBougie View Post
That show sucks. Here's what will happen:

1. They're going to fight
2. Someone is going to rehab
3. Senior is going to make all the employees uncomfortable because he wants to act like Hulk and throw something across the shop
4. They are going to make some bike that costs way too much money; while having at least two "oh no! this build might not work out!" moments, knowing that it never ends up that way
5. Jr. is going to throw a little temper tantrum because he's a whiny bitch
6. They are going to break up and then threaten to close the shop
7. We are going to have to listen to them talk in that horrible monotone narrative voice all season

:thumb down:
If #4 includes not knowing if they'll finish the build on time, you've pretty much nailed every episode of American Chopper I've ever seen!

The problem is Discovery doesn't realize that while some people are initially interesting, they aren't as much so in the long run. The two Pauls are that way, whereas Mikey is the opposite. He was the only character on that show that drew and kept our interest. I honestly couldn't care about the others, and as someone else previously mentioned when the show was first cancelled; Sr's "dry drunk" routine gets boring rather quickly...
Old 04-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #10
RedRide

It should be noted that sr (when he was younger) was an alcoholic and a probable druggie.
To his credit, he appears to have cleaned up his act in this respect although, some suspect steroid use

However, keep in mind what it must have been like for jr and Mikey to grow up with an alcoholic father and an absent mother who left due to sr drinking.
I suspect this is what jr's often abusive attitude towards his father stems from.

Mikey, on the other hand, seems to have droped out of society to some extent as a survival tatic while still mataining his sense of humor.

BTW Rick (the metal fabricator) also quit OCC a few weeks ago,