Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2010, 02:25 PM   #1
Hank Corbett

Drives: 2008 3Door HB White
Broken Antenna 2008 Hatchback

Help!! I had a freak accident this morning. I was backing my Yaris out of the garage and somehow my antenna got tangled in the emergency pull rope for the garage door. The rope pulled the antenna upward, where it got caught on the edge of the raised garage door, ripping the mast completely out of the antenna mount. I now have a damaged mount with just a red wire sticking out from the hole where the mast once was. The mast is still good but the threaded ball mount it screws to broke off. The mount on the car is damaged where the force of the pull flared it out. How do I remove the mount to replace it? If it is not an easy task, would it be possible to install one of those shark fin antennae and cover up the old one? Since the mount is damaged with just a wire sticking out of it, will I be able to connect the wire to the shark mount antenna? Thanks for all replies.

Hank
Hank Corbett is offline   Reply With Quote