Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-17-2006, 03:39 PM   #1
iampachino

Drives: 300ZX
How I Am Getting My Yaris(Must Read For Buyers With A Decent Size Down Payment)

I am 19 and now have owned 11 cars. I am ready to get a new one. My last car was a 1990 300ZX TT I bought it for 6500 cleaned it up and replaced the tires and sold it locally for 11,500. So now im using 4k of it for a dp on my new yaris. The reason why i say my age is because if you are like me it takes a lot for a dealership to take you seriously. I have spent the last 3 months doing a run around with the local dealer. I dont get call backs or anything they just keep suggestiong a scion for me instead. It really pisses me off So I drove about 2hrs to the nearest large town (Decatur IL) and told them my problem. This is a very good dealer to go to if you are looking for a yaris LB manual. They did not have any in stock, but after I told them I had the money and I was very serious(I showed the tha money lol) He got online searched for the car I wanted within a 500 MILE RADIUS!!! . He found me about ten cars in in like a minute. If any one else lives around IL you know how hard it is to get one of these things. So I put 500 down jus like veryone else so that they can allocate the car to me quickly( within 48hrs at most ) All I had to do was 1 Tell him I have had the runaround(tell them that even if its not true.) I have a large DP(Take cash wit you you will need it that day) 3. What I want and that Im willing to take my business as far as i need to go if necessary to get one. 4. emphasize that the other dealers must no have wanted to make any money(Basically be a prick) Maybe you guys already knew this but I will Have either my new Blazing Blue, Meteorite Metallic or Polar White Yaris by friday(I cant decide on color). I hoped I helped to all soon to be yaris owners, because it worked for me. Also ask to see the list of the other dealers that have the Yaris' just in case they wont hepl you you will know where to find one. It also costs like an extra 100 dollars to have yaris brought to you. If anyone wants the name of this seller PM and Ill give you his name and the toll free number to contact this dealer.

Thasnk Aaron
iampachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 04:47 PM   #2
tekmoe
ex-yaris owner

Drives: 08 solstice gxp, 06 triumph s3
Send a message via AIM to tekmoe
yeah i kinda had the same exact thing happen to me. i've been very agressive with the dealers by letting them know exactly what i want and if they can't provide it, then i will go somewhere else.

the first dealer i went to were a bunch of pricks. i ended up getting up and walking out. it was that bad. second dealer i went to said he would have one within 2 weeks. sure enough he did. i test drove it and said i'll buy it. showed 'em 3 grand in cash in my wallet and they started licking their lips. unfortunately i said i only have a check that is good for up to 10,000 and they wanted 13,5 out the door. they would not budge. i know they really wanted to sell that car but the truth behind it is they probably knew someone else would pay the 13,5. i walked. next dealer told me i he could sell me one for 13,2. i told him i'll keep lookin. the last dealer told me 13,2 is pretty much the lowest any of the dealers can go for this exact model. i took his word for it and bought it for 13,2. this is a 5spd hatchback with convenience pkg ONLY...nothing else! 13,2 is respectable. not awesome but not a ripoff either. i feel good about it. can't wait to get my new car!
tekmoe is offline   Reply With Quote