Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-22-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
us13doolittle
us13doolittle

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris 4-Door Sedan
Talking Bought A Used 2010 Yaris Sedan & Customized!

Hi Guys & Gals!

Here's my 2010 Toyota Yaris Sedan that I have had now less than 2 months, but I've been working hard in my customization efforts! I have added:

Exterior:
1) Spoiler with brake light (OEM style),
2) Voxx Alloy Wheels,
3) black fender, door, & body molding,
4) chrome door handles (ABS Plastic as all the chrome is),
5) chrome mirror covers,
6) chrome door pillars,
7) chrome window sill molding
8) HID Light Kit,
9) OEM Fog Light Kit,
10) 2 black "vinyl eyelids" for the headlights,
11) Two of what my Wife calls her "Chrome Eyebrows!",
12) CHROME DUAL EXHAUST TIP MUFFLER PIPE EXTENSION SPLIT

INTERIOR:
11) 4 Stainless Steel Door Sill Scuff Plates with YARIS stamped on each
12) Dallas Cowboy Rubber Floor Mats (of Course--Go Cowboys, Lol!)
13) Custom TOYOTA TRD MANUAL SHIFT KNOB
14) Blue Neon Floor Lights (that can flash with music beat pulses)
15) Fog Lights Selector Switch (on lower left side of dash & steering wheel)

I've got some more work to do on the interior, but ran out of cash this month. So I'm waiting on my next retirement check to get back up to speed, lol! Let me know what you guys think? Too much? Not Enough? Extras I need? Etc., etc???

I think, and you may too if you read on, that the way I came upon my little "black honey" of a Yaris is a fairly interesting story, and may be of help to some of our forums North Texas Readers who are in the market for a good used Yaris--Here Tis Below:

August 1st my wife and I purchased a previously TOTALED 2010 Toyota Yaris from "Raja" at "Makka Motors" in Dallas, Tx.! Raja, who is Pakastani and owns the company, makes a living buying Insurance Company write-off vehicles and rebuilding them, selling them at some pretty incredible prices! Raja specializes in Toyota, Honda, & Lexus rebuilds, many with regular titles, some with salvage titles. Honestly, I drive my cars til they are ready for the junk heap, so a Salvage Title doesn't bother me in the slightest! Raja never bids on vehicles with frame damage, damage to major engine or drivetrain components, and usually doesn't touch cars which have major door damage. He looks for the "sleepers", fender benders, and high end vehicles to bid on.

Amazingly, Raja will share with the prospective buyer the vehicle's Carfax, pictures of the vehicle damage when it was purchased and brought onto the lot. The buyer can watch the daily progress on his/her "vehicle in progress" as the vehicle is repaired/restored. Lol, I was turned onto Makka Motors by a fellow teacher at the high school I have taught at for the past 20 years. My friend, who is from India, is a LOYAL Makka Motors Customer! Had he not "prepped me" about the "Middle Eastern Way of Haggling," I probably would have walked off the lot the first time I talked to Raja! You see, in the Middle East Buyers aren't shamelessly coddled, given complimentary lattes, and every one of their stupid questions politely answered! Actually in the Middle East buyers are treated pretty badly, AND if they leave not feeling so, then they question whether they got a "good deal" on what they just purchased!!! Raja will take you out to the Lot to view what's available, in broken English quote ballpark figures on this or that car, maybe walk away to take a cell call, or even to field a question from another customer! Some Americans would walk away pissed off! However, it's all about culture, and NOT yours! If you hang in there and understand and play the game, you'll come away with a jaw-dropping deal on what you're looking for! With that being said, my teacher friend has purchased 3 cars from Raja, and I now have purchased MY FOURTH--2 for my son, 1 for my oldest daughter, and now 1 for US-ALL FOUR A Yaris! There's NO Warranties of course, as in any used car lot, but Raja has always treated me right--EVEN replacing an air conditioner compressor after SIX MONTHS! Find ANY used car dealership that will do that!

This 2010 Model Yaris Sedan was built in November 2009, and wasn't sold by the Toyota Dealership in Austin until January 2011! The previous owner had it a little over a year, and put 17,000 miles on it before he had his boo-boo (his loss, my gain!). It doesn't take too much damage to a new car for an Insurance Company these days to total out a car. The only damage to it was a broken right headlight, a little damage to the right front bumper, and a very slight crinkle on the hood. The air bags didn't even deploy! Raja replaced all, repainted the new parts to the factory "Black Sand Pearl!"

The Yaris was fixed to my satisfaction, test driven for about an hour on city streets, the highway, and some nice rally turns in the country, before money even exchanged hands (besides a $200 refundable check that wasn't even cashed)! The PRICE? $7,000 + TT&L! It drives like a brand new car--I know because I test drove a 2013 Sedan before I picked my little 2010 up! With the door molding I added to my Yaris, the road noise (typical in this small of car with radial tires) has been greatly reduced to a whimper! All in all, at age 59 I have bought a LOT of cars. Never have I had such a neat and genuine friendship with a car dealer-salesman-haggler! May Allah Bless You Raja!

Doolittle

PS: Any Ideas on what value in $$$ my work on this 2010 Yaris Sedan would add?
Attached Images

us13doolittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:52 AM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
I'm not a fan of chrome but it kinda works in your case... but please complete the outline of the window area, the broken lines look pretty bad..

and get some lowering springs!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
us13doolittle
us13doolittle

Thanks Robert!

I am working on a way to complete those "broken lines" of chrome. The problem is in the curve of the window, and the ABS plastic chrome does not want to bend. I've ordered a little more of the product and have some ideas on completion. What do you suggest I do to lower the body just a little, and I don't want a "low rider" for I hate tires hitting the wheel wells on big bumps. They are Goodyear 15" tires, also. Thanks again for your post.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #4
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Unfortunately, most mods don't add any "value" to a vehicle other than to the owner; which is why most people advocate returning it to stock before selling and selling off the aftermarket parts separately.

Given that this car has a rebuilt title, don't expect it to have the same value as a car that hasn't been totaled.

You are better off enjoying this car to its maximum extent and not treating it as a financial investment. Most cars don't increase in value as they age, and especially not a Yaris. It's value comes in the fun of ownership!

Cheers! M2
Old 09-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Not a fan of chrome at all, but if it tickles you, knock yourself out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by us13doolittle View Post
Thanks Robert!
Might want to try that name again.

Quote:
What do you suggest I do to lower the body just a little, and I don't want a "low rider" for I hate tires hitting the wheel wells on big bumps. They are Goodyear 15" tires, also.
Eibach Prokits. Available from MicroImage. Lowers the car 1 inch. Very pleasing mild drop with no risk of introducing a rub on any of the corners.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:06 AM   #6
us13doolittle
us13doolittle

GOOD Advice! Thanks!

Doolittle
Old 09-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #7
david_827

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]

The Yaris was fixed to my satisfaction, test driven for about an hour on city streets, the highway, and some nice rally turns in the country, before money even exchanged hands (besides a $200 refundable check that wasn't even cashed)! The PRICE? $7,000 + TT&L! It drives like a brand new car--I know because I test drove a 2013 Sedan before I picked my little 2010 up!

PS: Any Ideas on what value in $$$ my work on this 2010 Yaris Sedan would add?
i may have to question the integrity of this post, as i thought they stopped selling the sedans with the 2012s.....
david_827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:55 AM   #8
us13doolittle
us13doolittle

Ah! It was at Carmax, so it was used NOT new--"new" in that it had less than 10,000 miles on it, depending on when it was sold. Sorry for the misstatement!

"Most people would rather be certain they're miserable, than risk being happy" ;-)
Old 10-14-2012, 05:16 AM   #9
WinstonVitzRS

Drives: Toyota Vitz RS
from who did you buy that belta merlin menson ? lol . try to lower it and it will be much nicer and put some 17'' on it take out that chrome and you will have a mafia style belta hehe
WinstonVitzRS is offline   Reply With Quote