Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-26-2015, 10:28 AM   #1
Yarisfiend
I've made a post!

Drives: 2013 Yaris
2013 Yaris (cant remember specifics) stalls then wont start

My Yaris (26000+ miles) has had the following issue in the past few months:

I will start as usual and the car will stall straight away. When i try to start the car again it just wont start the engine just turns and doesnt do anything for about 10 minutes and then it starts fine. It did the same thing yesterday only everytime i tried to start it again i could hear a hissing noise. The car didnt start for 5 hours.

It was only serviced last September and there were no issues, I have booked it in with Toyota for Saturday but was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what could be wrong?

Should i prepare myself for a big bill or could this be something that is covered under warrenty?
Yarisfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 04:26 PM   #2
apmatzen

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2015 1.3VVT-i T2
May be a cooleant sensor problem...

But i'm just guessing.
Old 06-27-2015, 04:36 PM   #3
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
I really don't see how something like this wouldn't be covered under the 3year/36month warranty - well at any remotely honest dealership that is.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 11:08 PM   #4
BLKHILLSGUY

Drives: 2011 3dr LB Polar White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarisfiend View Post
My Yaris (26000+ miles) has had the following issue in the past few months:

I will start as usual and the car will stall straight away. When i try to start the car again it just wont start the engine just turns and doesnt do anything for about 10 minutes and then it starts fine. It did the same thing yesterday only everytime i tried to start it again i could hear a hissing noise. The car didnt start for 5 hours.

It was only serviced last September and there were no issues, I have booked it in with Toyota for Saturday but was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what could be wrong?

Should i prepare myself for a big bill or could this be something that is covered under warrenty?
I don't see this coming out of your pocket. You're under warranty. Don't budge on that. Unless it's different in the UK?
BLKHILLSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:42 AM   #5
mrpj

Drives: 2014 Icon+ 1.33l Multidrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
I really don't see how something like this wouldn't be covered under the 3year/36month warranty - well at any remotely honest dealership that is.
5 years/100,000 miles in the U.K. since June 2010 so surely well covered by the warranty for a 2013 car? Don't accept any bs from the dealer! Unless it's caused by something the owner has done, eg. modification(s) or tinkering etc.!
mrpj is offline   Reply With Quote