Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-24-2016, 03:01 AM   #1
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
who's going to win the 500- anybody care?

so...i live near indy and it's that time of year. listened to qualifications on the radio over the weekend and glad hinch got the pole! any thoughts on possible winner sunday?

even if you don't really care much about indycar if you're ever in the area you should definately check out the speedway. 100 years of the 500 this year and the history and aura of the place is something else. they've really gone all out this year for the celebrations!
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 01:23 PM   #2
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
I'd like to see any of the IMSA drivers win.

I'm not much of a fan of going in a circle. Gotta throw turns, elevation changes, and different car classes to get me into it. Otherwise, it's a circle track snoozefest.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:55 AM   #3
toad

^i can appreciate that. it can be boring if the same person is up front all day, but there was a TON of lead changes because the cars are so evenly matched! detroit is televised both saturday and sunday on ABC so if anyone likes more of a road/street race these are available.

it was neat to see a formula1 guy win, however. i guess this was the second circle track he's raced on!
Old 05-31-2016, 05:21 AM   #4
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Some of those drivers are like 21?!?

Id love to hear the rational for that.

Hard to believe your head could be in the right place to win at that age.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:54 AM   #5
toad

^sage karrum(sp?) was the youngest driver in the field at 21. he's got talent, but made an immature move trying to pass on the outside in a turn and hit the wall. i think he may have actually had the fastest car that day!

i know at 21 i had no place being in a car going that fast, but these guys(and gals) typically have been racing since they were old enough to steer a kart.