Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-07-2016, 06:06 PM   #19
VaultTec

Drives: 2016 Yaris SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Sounds like you mean this as a negative, right? Haven't driven one for myself, but from what I've gathered, the 2nd gen's offer a minimalist, visceral driving experience while the 3rd gen's are more refined, which some would also call boring. I'd like to experience it for myself.

I'm hurting for a Focus RS. It's well out of the price range we're talking about, but because of my interest in it, the Fiesta ST jumped out at me from your short list. I like that Ford was the only US auto maker not to take bailout money, I think they pack good tech/features in for the money and I like where the styling has gone across all their models. I think they look far better than Acuras, which I think have taken a dreadful downturn in styling. As much as I like the looks and performance of the Abarth I wouldn't go Fiat. Prius is probably your best bet economically speaking.

I meant it in a positive way. I love my 2016 SE but wish it was just smaller and handled better compared to an older Yaris. Cars today are just getting bigger, heavier and uglier. I hate it. Too much spaceship controls and pointless features I don't care about. I guess (hopefully) in a few years the 3rd gen Yaris will get some aftermarket support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushforhire View Post
I just got an 07 VW rabbit/golf and love it. Also I work for Mopar/fiat dealer and would not touch a Fiat with a 20 foot pole.
Yeah, it was a fun car to drive. I drove a mid 2000s (don't recall exact year) Rabbit and it was great. The newer ones are too. But I hate that the higher models cost too damn much. Might as well get another car like an WRX hatch. I assume you see a lot of fiats coming in for service? I've worked briefly at Toyota and believe me. I seen my fair share of pos Toyotas coming in. And I've owned dozens of Toyotas and prefer them ;)
VaultTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:20 PM   #20
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultTec View Post
I meant it in a positive way. I love my 2016 SE but wish it was just smaller and handled better compared to an older Yaris. Cars today are just getting bigger, heavier and uglier. I hate it. Too much spaceship controls and pointless features I don't care about. I guess (hopefully) in a few years the 3rd gen Yaris will get some aftermarket support.
Gotcha. Yeah, that's been the general consensus I've noticed. I'm not up for heavier, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't really like some of the tech I'm seeing in new cars. My sister just got a 2017 Audi S4 Quattro. It has an LED screen in place of a manual gauge cluster behind the steering wheel and what looks like a small tablet mounted on the dash. Both can change to display different info in different ways. I really dig it. My better half is liking the Accord Sport sedans and I like the dual screens on the dash of those cars too.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:54 PM   #21
invader166
Pumpman

Drives: 2019 Kia Soul EV Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiwolfman View Post
Tc a better choice

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Agreed on that! Saddly, the only thing stopping me from getting one is the fact that it's 3-door only.

I would have been sold with 5-door option.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:55 PM   #22
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader166 View Post
Agreed on that! Saddly, the only thing stopping me from getting one is the fact that it's 3-door only.

I would have been sold with 5-door option.
What about iM, very nice car

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:19 PM   #23
VaultTec

Drives: 2016 Yaris SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiwolfman View Post
What about iM, very nice car

While the exterior was actually better than most if not all of the cars I've mentioned. The interior was average and felt like an over sized Yaris but slower. I did like the standard reverse camera though. Plus, isn't Scion done for? How would that effect the iM or even tC?
VaultTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:21 PM   #24
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultTec View Post
While the exterior was actually better than most if not all of the cars I've mentioned. The interior was average and felt like an over sized Yaris but slower. I did like the standard reverse camera though. Plus, isn't Scion done for? How would that effect the iM or even tC?
From what I have heard the iM is gone be badged as Toyota the other no more in production but it will carry Toyota warranty.

Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote