Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2008, 01:50 AM   #1
computerlove87
The Fit is NO!

Drives: '09 3DR "S"|'87 Caddy Brougham
Send a message via MSN to computerlove87
Cool Digital Gauges, Auto Climate control, Manu-matic shifter

I LOVE all of the features that certain Yaris's from various other countries have to offer. Take for example the UK Yaris SR which has digital guages, auto climate control and a manumatic transmission. Not to mention smart-key (the proximity based keyless entry that the prius has) and heated seats and a whole list of things not offered in the US and Canada.

My question is, how hard would it be to just locate and buy the parts needed for these 3 things?

Being a complete car modding noob, I am guessing that it would be pretty easy to swap in the digital guages, a little more diffficult to swap in the manumatic transmission (might require buying a new ecu and other electronics), and a bit harder to get the auto climate control system (might rquire a whole new a/c system, plus all the extra servos to control the recycled air control, and you would obviously have to buy the control panel, assuming it fits into the us yaris)

Does anyone know about these mods/has anyone attempted them? How much success did you have with any of these 3 projects? If you did achieve the goal, please include part numbers and where you bought them from.

Please see below if you have no idea what I am talking about!:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg EU yaris cool features.jpg (340.2 KB, 887 views)

Please ignore the Ferrari
computerlove87 is offline   Reply With Quote