Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-17-2018, 11:41 AM   #1
LightDisc

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris
AFE Intake 2008 Yaris CEL Problem (Spacers)

I have a 2008 Toyota Yaris that I bought with an AFE cold air intake already installed. Here is what happened:

The car had no issues initially, then after a few hundred miles the CEL came on with code P0101 for MAF sensor issue. I emailed AFE and they recommended using MAF sensor cleaner on the MAF. I did this, and also cleaned the PCV valve. The car ran much smoother, and the CEL went off on its own (I didn’t erase it with OBD).

After several hundred more miles, CEL is back with same code. Some people in this forum with the same intake and car said to remove the spacers under the MAF screws. The guy at AFE did not recommend this. Does anyone know if removing the spacers is safe, and how far should the screws go in after doing this? I don’t want to make the problem worse, but I am also very sick of the CEL turning on. Thanks for any advice!
LightDisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:26 AM   #2
fredovvti

Drives: Yaris 07 HB
Hi,

Went I have the AFE, I use it with out the spacer and I didn't have any codes and any problem. Always smooth. Remember tight the screws. Try it!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
fredovvti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
afe power cold air intake, cel, p0101