Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-11-2016, 05:14 PM   #1
frankronne

Drives: 2012 Polar White 3-dr 5-spd
Clutch pedal loose

Hi,
I just bought a 2012 2-dr 5-spd CE and it's my first manual car.
I've been told by a friend that the clutch pedal is loose (there's a free play of 1½ inch when the clutch is fully engaged). I think it needs an adjustment but I don't know how to do. Has anyone ever had this issue ? I'd post pictures but I don't know how to do on this forum since I'm new haha

Last edited by frankronne; 04-11-2016 at 05:30 PM.
frankronne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:26 PM   #2
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
With these cars, there is a lot of clutch travel before it engages. One of the reasons why many long time manual tranny drivers have a hard time learning how to work the clutch on the Yaris as it behaves unlike any stick shift they've ever driven.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:44 PM   #3
frankronne

Drives: 2012 Polar White 3-dr 5-spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
With these cars, there is a lot of clutch travel before it engages. One of the reasons why many long time manual tranny drivers have a hard time learning how to work the clutch on the Yaris as it behaves unlike any stick shift they've ever driven.
I know what you're talking about but that's not what I'm worrying about. My problem is when the pedal is fully released (ie clutch engaged, in gear).
The 1½ inch gap is between the "clutch fully engaged point" and the top of the travel. In this gap, it's like there is nothing behind the pedal. It doesn't impair drivability but it doesn't seem normal.
frankronne is offline   Reply With Quote