Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-26-2009, 10:39 PM   #19
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
Did my install today in about an hour.

Driver's side was easy, but passenger side was a little more of a pain. Drum did NOT want to come off.

Also, Tamago did you notice the tightness in the lower brake line when you didn the install on Enth's? My driver side was tight, but passenger side was damn near impossible to get the holes to line up because of how tight the brake line was, it had no more slack, lol.

Also, the ABS sensors wires were a pain in the ass.
i really didn't notice a difference.. but yeah, you can loosen up the e-brake line to assist with flexibility. slip a small screwdriver into the plug to release it
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:51 AM   #20
DerFlosser

Drives: Yaris
Very cool. I think that these are now on my list of things to do! Thanks for sharing...
DerFlosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #21
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Did you notice any difference in handling or how the car drives. It is really annoying how the rear tires do not sit flush with the body like the front do. I cant wait to get mine.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:45 AM   #22
Gideon
★weeaboo★

Drives: 2008 Bayou LB
Not really no. Can't say that I have. Although it's only been a couple of days and I have yet to take it up to the twisties to have some fun.

Worth it to not have the sunken-in look IMO.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:13 PM   #23
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
I just installed my set, but the passenger side is rubbing (I guess I should've made sure I got 2 10mm sets before installation). Also, one of the screws on the driver side (lower-right) did not go through the hole, so I ended up using a shorter one instead. Is that OK?
Old 05-29-2009, 07:18 PM   #24
DerFlosser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk-421 View Post
...Also, one of the screws on the driver side (lower-right) did not go through the hole, so I ended up using a shorter one instead. Is that OK?
screw? Do you mean bolt...and are talking about the hub mounting bolt?
Old 05-29-2009, 09:05 PM   #25
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk-421 View Post
I just installed my set, but the passenger side is rubbing (I guess I should've made sure I got 2 10mm sets before installation). Also, one of the screws on the driver side (lower-right) did not go through the hole, so I ended up using a shorter one instead. Is that OK?
it didn't go through? meaning it was too long?

i'm trying to recall if i sent lock washers with your set or not. a lock washer should space the bolt out so it doesn't touch the axle.

are you saying i sent you a 10 and a 13? please double check this, as my counts are still even in my inventory
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:04 PM   #26
YarisSedan

Hmmm mine didnt come with any washers. Should i be worried?

Also no penguin sticker too =(
Old 05-29-2009, 10:49 PM   #27
Tamago

no need to worry, washers are not required on 13mm sets, and are only sometimes needed on 10mm sets. and the penguin stickers JUST arrived today, didn't want to hold up spacer shipments for mere stickers
you nailed it sir.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:16 AM   #28
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerFlosser View Post
screw? Do you mean bolt...and are talking about the hub mounting bolt?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
it didn't go through? meaning it was too long?
The lower-right bolt on my passenger-side rear wheel went in fine, but it didn't go out, meaning that the hole at the other end wasn't large enough to fit the bolt. I ended up using an OEM bolt instead, which didn't go through by 3-4 threads, so I'm a bit worried it may snap.

Quote:
i'm trying to recall if i sent lock washers with your set or not. a lock washer should space the bolt out so it doesn't touch the axle.
Could I get a picture of those washers you mentioned?

Quote:
are you saying i sent you a 10 and a 13? please double check this, as my counts are still even in my inventory
I am pretty sure I got it figured out now. I had a scrape removed from the passenger side fender a few days ago. Looks like the "ding doctor" ended up flattening the fender area a bit too much, making the tire rub with the fender. I may have to roll it back out a bit to fix that. So I'm 99.99% sure I did get 2 10mm spacers after all.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:13 AM   #29
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
you know what Tamago im getting these for sure next week! although im scared shitless of installing them myself. also wont different metals fuse together? ( i heard somewhere you cant mix metals)
i'm including grease with all the shipments now to coat the spacers before assembly. that will slow down the corrosion process.

TK, perhaps take the bolt i sent and have it cut off a little? i haven't run into this issue with any of the 4 cars i've done so far.

and the washer is simply a 1/2" split lock washer, nothing fancy
you nailed it sir.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:31 AM   #30
DerFlosser

These bolts should basically be OEM length plus whatever spacer size you get (adding the additional stack height). I plan to be able to install these without issue when I get them....maybe penguin garage could come on here and talk about how they package their kits?
Old 05-30-2009, 07:56 AM   #31
Penguin Garage

Each kit comes with:

2 spacers
8 bolts
1 packet of grease
8 lockwashers (10mm spacers)

the bolts are of sufficient length to stack up to 26mm in width.
Penguin Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:37 PM   #32
YarisSedan

Hmmm my 10mm kit came with no lockwashers. Maybe i got sent the wrong kit and got a 13mm one instead?? I need to grab a tapemsure now
Old 05-31-2009, 11:47 AM   #33
DerFlosser

note: Installed these this a.m. and everything was easy aside from getting the drum off. I don't know why I didn't try earlier but my steering wheel puller was the CORRECT and EASY way to remove the drum. Took 2 seconds and no hammer.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:10 PM   #34
Penguin Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisSedan View Post
Hmmm my 10mm kit came with no lockwashers. Maybe i got sent the wrong kit and got a 13mm one instead?? I need to grab a tapemsure now
we can send you some lock washers on Monday.

Sorry about that.

EDIT: also sending out Penguin Stickers to all those who didn't get them yet. :)
Penguin Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:14 PM   #35
DerFlosser

I painted the hub spacers exposed portion with eastwood chassis black. I bet a Toyota tech wouldn't even recognize them.

These make a nice subtle difference for sure....the car is one step closer to looking the way the it should have come from the factory. Thanks Penguin Garage.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:16 PM   #36
TheRealEnth
Beast

Drives: 2007 Blz Blu LB
Send a message via AIM to TheRealEnth
GIMMIE MY STICKERZ!!1111

One you've taken a yaris for a spin, there's no turning back.
Its a Chao!!!
TheRealEnth is offline   Reply With Quote