Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-25-2007, 06:17 PM   #1
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
nf210s + trd struts??

anyone have this combination or know whether this combination would possibly work well?? the car is a daily driver, but the wifey wants a little more zip in the twisties (reason for trd struts), as well as better high wind stability (reason for nf's) on the highways. i've read people claim that the trd springs can ride stiff for a commuter, but i dont wanna just throw on nf's with the stock struts. also dont wanna get started on the whole cut the bumpstop debate, so its either springs and struts or nothing at all for now. thanks in advance for any input!!

--B
Old 04-25-2007, 07:25 PM   #2
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
the TRD shocks are great. i have them with the Tein S.Tech's. would tell you to go with that set up, but i think your wife will find it too "bumpy/bouncey".
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:38 AM   #3
nurburgring
ringmeister

Drives: YARIS 1.5
why not NF210s with stock struts, till they blow ? U never know, u might like the set up. I find it decently comfortable, but I do wish it would roll less. Its great on the freeway. NFs seem soft enough for a slow rebound on stock struts. WIth 3 people on board, it is arguably better on the freeway than stock where it tends to bottom out.
nurburgring is offline   Reply With Quote