Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 11:50 PM   #1
heydin

Drives: 2008 toyota yaris RS (mexican)
possible yaris sale

I ordered a new Yaris liftback back in June and it is now due to arrive the end of this month. The dealer had claimed the car would initially arrive in September. I'm moving to Mexico in February and I have discovered I can purchase a Yaris RS there for about the same price as a Yaris in the US with the power package. The dealer has not been all that helpful and now that the car is due to arrive they discovered it has the cold weather package added which I do not want and definitely do not want to pay for. That said I believe the price (including $110 for the cold weather package) might still be a good deal for someone else and I would rather the car be sold to someone at a good price vice the dealer selling it at sticker to someone else. The approximate price would be $13300 including the following options:

1. Power package w/alloys
2. ABS
3. Fog Lamps
4. Cold weather package
Color is blazing blue.

MSPR is over $13800.

If anyone is interested, please let me know and I'll get the final price and we can work something out. I'm not trying to flip the car, I just do not want to see the dealer make excessive profit. I still have not made my final decision but I am open for suggestions as well. I know the Yaris liftback with the above options is extremely rare at this time.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:10 AM   #2
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by heydin
I ordered a new Yaris liftback back in June and it is now due to arrive the end of this month. The dealer had claimed the car would initially arrive in September. I'm moving to Mexico in February and I have discovered I can purchase a Yaris RS there for about the same price as a Yaris in the US with the power package. The dealer has not been all that helpful and now that the car is due to arrive they discovered it has the cold weather package added which I do not want and definitely do not want to pay for. That said I believe the price (including $110 for the cold weather package) might still be a good deal for someone else and I would rather the car be sold to someone at a good price vice the dealer selling it at sticker to someone else. The approximate price would be $13300 including the following options:

1. Power package w/alloys
2. ABS
3. Fog Lamps
4. Cold weather package
Color is blazing blue.

MSPR is over $13800.

If anyone is interested, please let me know and I'll get the final price and we can work something out. I'm not trying to flip the car, I just do not want to see the dealer make excessive profit. I still have not made my final decision but I am open for suggestions as well. I know the Yaris liftback with the above options is extremely rare at this time.
we ordered one for my wife and 3 months later, 2 weeks before it arived wer cancled. most dealers do not care since they are suce hot cars and they can not keep them on the lot... I would just cancel your order and get an RS from Mexico
Old 11-11-2006, 02:21 PM   #3
heydin

Drives: 2008 toyota yaris RS (mexican)
What did you end up buying instead of another Yaris since you canceled your order?
Old 11-11-2006, 03:00 PM   #4
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris
we ordered one for my wife and 3 months later, 2 weeks before it arived wer cancled. most dealers do not care since they are suce hot cars and they can not keep them on the lot... I would just cancel your order and get an RS from Mexico
Yes, when I paid the deposit, I was given to understand that it could be refunded to me if I wanted to cancel the order later. The dealership would not find it difficult to sell the car to someone else.
Closed Thread