Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-01-2007, 09:46 AM   #1
turboyaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to turboyaris
first impressions!!!

%$#*ing sweet!!! haha Well guys sorry I have made you wait a whole day before posting my first thoughts on my car. All I can say is the car is awesome. The exhaust note is perfect not too loud, but defineatly a nice deep tone to it. The clutch feels awesome a much stiffer clutch which makes it a lot easier to feel the clutch instead of our stock clutch which I was never too fond of... Now onto the important stuff, the power is amazing, and the best part about it is the car feel smoother as a daily driver. For example, when cruising through a parking lot in first or just kinding cruising slowly, the car to me always seemed to buck or not have any power, now it kinda just cruises by smoothly. Getting on the car, the car spools at about 3000 rpms, and pulls like hell to redline. It has defineatly already scared a few people. I was driving down the road here and came across a civic si that kinda just rolled past me, and then i dropped it to third and bounced out!!!! haha i saw him stare the whole way past. The other thing that is awesome about the car is that looking at it, aside from the front mount which is noticeable if you know what to look for the car could be confused as having an odd intake setup because the turbo is hardly visible, but as you go above 3000 rpms you can definatly start to hear it sucking wind. My favorite part about the car is cruising down the road and just opening it up, its truly a new car.

As far as numbers go, expect a dyno run at 12 today or so, I will be video taping that, and as far as quarter mile times, you will have to wait until the 18th of march. Like i previously posted if you live anywhere in the south up to jersey and want to see me before the 10th of march just let me know. I am heading to Atlanta tonight and then to clearwater FL for a week or so before I head back home. and for all those guys around jersey be at englishtown on march 18th I will have drag times for you then, only problem is itll probably be on stock wheels and tires, unless someone wants to help me out ....

...more to come
turboyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:54 AM   #2
redglare45

Drives: 07 Sedan - 5 Speed Manual
Sounds great! Can't wait to see what you get on that dyno run.
redglare45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:09 AM   #3
tekmoe
ex-yaris owner

Drives: 08 solstice gxp, 06 triumph s3
Send a message via AIM to tekmoe
turbo yaris...

*drools*