Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-09-2009, 10:28 AM   #37
chongopants
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via AIM to chongopants Send a message via MSN to chongopants
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmdd View Post
WTF are you talking about? Lets take advantage of the quote feature, so the rest of us are in on your indignation.

Sure, I would love to use the quote feature thanks, read the previous post and you will understand...

do you know what a tinyurl even is? apparently not...
chongopants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #38
chongopants
Banned

Here is an example of proper use of lmgtfy.com

http://tinyurl.com/aq7ppf
Old 11-09-2009, 10:34 AM   #39
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongopants View Post
yeah cute lmgtfy.com, i know the people that made it... a bit insulting you would post that... anyways anyone with any REAL information that would like to really help I appreciate it.

Thanks,
not insulting at all.

google is the bomb, use it.

or maybe ask jeeves (nicely) is more your speed?
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:39 AM   #40
Loren
What?

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Sorry, dude, didn't mean to offend. Search is always the best answer, though. If you'd Googled, you would have answered your question of where to get into autocross in the Houston area. You could have also searched this forum and found a recent thread about Houston autocross.

If you want spoon-feeding, maybe you should start a new thread and ask more specific questions?

----------------------- Loren@InvisibleSun.org -----------------------
Loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:46 AM   #41
chongopants
Banned

I did start a thread, and I did google it... its on this forum... lol...

I also talked to the head of the Houston SCCA, and even he couldn't give me a SOLID answer.... he said "show up and they might let you in a lower class", but I want to know the real rules so someone can't get pissy and decide to take me out for some small thing... I downloaded the rulebook and I have been reading it, but its very dry and I have a short attention span.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:47 AM   #42
Tamago

Quote:
les so someone can't get pissy and decide to take me out for some small thing... I downloaded the rulebook and I have been reading it, but its very dry and I have a short attention span.
that sounds VERY MUCH like YOUR problem.

what do you want to run, and in what class?
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:52 AM   #43
chongopants
Banned

Yup it sure is, and thats why I was hoping that the people here would have enough tact to help me out nicely... I will leave you guys alone, and enjoy.. unsubscribed.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:57 AM   #44
Tamago

Quote:
Yup it sure is, and thats why I was hoping that the people here would have enough tact to help me out nicely... I will leave you guys alone, and enjoy.. unsubscribed.
why not PM me with your mod list, and i'll tell you what class you belong in.

?

i'm willing to help, just don't be a whiny princess about it
you nailed it sir.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:00 PM   #45
Yaris-x

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
I know this isn't my fight but we don't need people like that on this forum there was no insulting comment toward anybody if somebody asked me I would have given the same answer how else is a person in a different part of the country supposed to know what auto-x events are available...grrrrrrrr....that gets me so worked up
Old 11-17-2009, 07:59 PM   #46
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
okay, i'm new to the yaris and i have a question, all my friends are talking alot of smack how it only has 106 HP its shit, y did i get it. so now was is the averae 1/4 mile time for a bone stock yaris? and i know it kicks ass in parking and in everyday street racing car feel, it feels bad ass, it just needs something so it dont sound like my grandma's stitching machine, lol. i have yet to test it out but i can almost bet the yaris will beat a civic or an integera anyday.....thoughts?
yaris2010RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:46 AM   #47
Loren
What?

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris2010RS View Post
.....thoughts?
I think you should start your own thread, as what you're asking has nothing to do with THIS one.

----------------------- Loren@InvisibleSun.org -----------------------
Loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:31 PM   #48
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris-x View Post
I know this isn't my fight but we don't need people like that on this forum there was no insulting comment toward anybody if somebody asked me I would have given the same answer how else is a person in a different part of the country supposed to know what auto-x events are available...grrrrrrrr....that gets me so worked up
I agree in general, but you've got to admit that chongopants isn't very tactful himself, and makes some pretty rude postings, so there is a bit of history. Still, "agreed" that it'd be better to ignore a post rather than add fuel to the fire.

Also, Tamago will always find a way to give-out awesome information and piss you off at the same time.
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:32 PM   #49
alch3miss

Drives: Toyota Yaris
I've auto x'd before, and I managed to stay competitive in my novice class. Its about ones enjoyment of ones car as opposed to what other people think imo. I have the URL to my competitions results. We had 3 Yaris's if you go towards the bottom in the Novice class. https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/file...232009_fin.htm
alch3miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:46 PM   #50
alch3miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris2010RS View Post
okay, i'm new to the yaris and i have a question, all my friends are talking alot of smack how it only has 106 HP its shit, y did i get it. so now was is the averae 1/4 mile time for a bone stock yaris? and i know it kicks ass in parking and in everyday street racing car feel, it feels bad ass, it just needs something so it dont sound like my grandma's stitching machine, lol. i have yet to test it out but i can almost bet the yaris will beat a civic or an integera anyday.....thoughts?

I run a 16.6 1/4 mile, AEM CAI, 14 lb oz wheels x4, g force a/s tires, complete rear seat removal, my tein suspension helps create better downforce, and CF trunk. My cousins stock 2001 Integra runs a 16.9 1/4 mile time.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:28 AM   #51
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by alch3miss View Post
I've auto x'd before, and I managed to stay competitive in my novice class. Its about ones enjoyment of ones car as opposed to what other people think imo. I have the URL to my competitions results. We had 3 Yaris's if you go towards the bottom in the Novice class. https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/file...232009_fin.htm
Cool! I took 2nd in the Novice class this season, and was winning events towards the end of the season with my new wheels and Kumho XS tires on a much-improved alignment that wasn't there at the start of the season. The Yaris can be a terrific autox car - maybe not class-leading at NATS - but you MUST get a rear sway bar and some negative camber up front. At the very least, get the camber done, as the stock settings will have you plowing on every corner. It was amazing what the alignment did for this car. It appears the TRD rear sway bar is stock-legal as far as SCCA is concerned, so I'd go for it. With those 2 changes and some decent tires, you should be able to be super-competitive locally, as the quoted post and others have shown.
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:03 AM   #52
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmdd View Post

Also, Tamago will always find a way to give-out awesome information and piss you off at the same time.
what this man says is true ;). information comes at great cost!!
you nailed it sir.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:38 AM   #53
alch3miss

How I had a Porshe Cayman S, an s2k, 330i and a g35 in my class I really dont know