Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 08-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #91
arminius

Drives: 2004 Toyota Echo HB
Sorry, wrong tire specs.

Should be:

195/50/15 Yokohama S Drive
arminius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:55 AM   #92
hondajt

Drives: 2013 Yaris LE 5Dr
Since it's a sticky, I don't feel bad reviving this old thread.

My '13 Yaris is really twitchy on the highway. My wife's '09 is very smooth by comparison. We both have stock suspension and tires. I'm hoping someone will have some advice. From what I've read in this thread, I'm hoping it's a simple toe or camber adjustment.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #93
LTHatch

Drives: 2013 Yaris Hatchback L
Hondajt: I had the exact same issue, the Yaris felt unstable at highway speeds, felt nervous. 205mm wide tires and lowering springs knocked that down a good bit, but driving time is what fixed it for me. The more time i spent driving it the less noticeable it became, now i don't notice any twitchy behavior at all.
Rear sway bar also seems to be a well praised mod that knocks down the nervous feeling the Yaris has at highway speeds, it might be worth a look into if you want to leave the Yaris mostly stock.
LTHatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 10:18 PM   #94
CoryM

Drives: 2009 5-door, 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondajt View Post
Since it's a sticky, I don't feel bad reviving this old thread.

My '13 Yaris is really twitchy on the highway. My wife's '09 is very smooth by comparison. We both have stock suspension and tires. I'm hoping someone will have some advice. From what I've read in this thread, I'm hoping it's a simple toe or camber adjustment.
Incorrect toe, camber and caster can all make the car wander, or feel twitchy. Keep in mind, they are two different cars. Different track width, tire size etc can create different feels.

Cheers.
CoryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 06:38 PM   #95
Tapokata

Drives: 2009 Yaris
So, after nearly 160K miles, I'm getting ready to replace the rear shocks on my 09 liftback- changing out the OEM units for a a pair of Bilstein B6's. I plan to replace the bushings, bumpers, and supports with new OEM bits, and retain the other hardware. At the same time, I'm intend to add a TRD torsion spring / sway bar. I'm also going to add a Universal Racing two-point rear strut bar. The suspension is otherwise stock (I'll have the front struts changed out- they're still factory OEM- at a future date). I upsized the wheels and tires from the 14" base to a 15", running P185/60R15's on them, last year. Except for the back end being a bit light, especially on the freeway in high winds (or being buffeted by semi's), it handles pretty well- I like throwing this little washing machine on wheels around our fair city streets.

Lots of experts on this forum- so I'll ask: anything that I need to watch out for or otherwise be aware of in this re-fit? The shock replacement looks to be pretty straightforward, as is the installation of the sway bar and strut. Just checking one more time to see if there are any known (or unknown) gremlins to watch out for in this process. Thanks in advance...
Tapokata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:11 PM   #96
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapokata View Post
Lots of experts on this forum- so I'll ask: anything that I need to watch out for or otherwise be aware of in this re-fit? The shock replacement looks to be pretty straightforward, as is the installation of the sway bar and strut. Just checking one more time to see if there are any known (or unknown) gremlins to watch out for in this process. Thanks in advance...
Dropping the large washer between the wheel well and the plastic interior trim. You will lose your mind trying to get it back out. Same goes for the jam nuts.

I recommend getting it up on a lift if you can, makes the whole process so much simpler than putting it on jacks. I would also suggest buying extra bolts--I've had a few of the lower bolts shear off when changing them.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 01:35 PM   #97
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
Dropping the large washer between the wheel well and the plastic interior trim. You will lose your mind trying to get it back out. Same goes for the jam nuts.

I recommend getting it up on a lift if you can, makes the whole process so much simpler than putting it on jacks. I would also suggest buying extra bolts--I've had a few of the lower bolts shear off when changing them.
if you just put all your nuts and bolts into a bag and label/tape them together you will be a okay.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 06:35 AM   #98
Calrenman

Drives: 2015 Toyota Yaris LE Hatchie
Great thread! Worth reading.
Calrenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 05:45 AM   #99
Hausapes
I've made a post!

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to Hausapes Send a message via Yahoo to Hausapes
Is there any specific advice or tips you would share regarding the re-fit process and potential challenges mentioned by CrankyOldMan and DarkShadowFox, especially concerning the large washer and jam nuts?