Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-19-2006, 07:09 PM   #1
mutatio

Drives: Flint Mica AT Sedan
Dealer Added Accessories? '08s?

1st post! woot!

Hello all!

I'm writing to check in on which accessories I can get added or subtracted at the dealership. I know the power/convenience packages and whatnot are from the manufacturer. In particular I've noticed that many of the cars come w/ the carpet mats and foglamps, both of which I could do without to help keep costs down. In specific, I'm curious about the keyless entry and the anti-theft engine immobilizer. Does anyone know if these are added at the dealership? It makes sense, since the hardware would already be installed from the factory for the upgrades to be taken advantage of.

Also, when did the Yaris first come out in the US? I noticed early posts here from January 2006. I'll be looking to purchase in January-February of 2007, as the lease on my Saturn is up the 2nd week of Feb. I'm just wondering whether the 08's might be showing up at that time. If so I'd be curious to see if they've melded some of the accessories into the packages. i.e.-power package w/o keyless entry? <scratching head quizically>

Thanks!

Last edited by mutatio; 11-19-2006 at 07:31 PM.
mutatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:22 PM   #2
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
^^^For the U.S. release, the Yaris came in late March of this year (2006) but for Canada it came out fall of 2005 as 06 models so that's why you probably saw posts up in January...then the 07 Canadian models came out the same time as the U.S. release of the 07 Yaris models came out. My guess and its just a guess is the 08's won't come out till late 07 or maybe summer of 07. I base my conclusion on patterns set by the manufacturers as far as lifecycle of models although not always predictible. Even if the 07 models came early this year I don't think the 08's will come till later 07

I know dealers offer accesories, that's how they make there money and I"m sure they will be more than willing to have you get stuff installed. From reading various posts some people got stuff they didn't want so you're going to have to be firm and assertive about what you want and don't want but at the same time there are somethings you just can't get with some packages...in that case go aftermarket. Good luck!
Old 11-22-2006, 04:24 PM   #3
drdavidr4u

Drives: Yaris Lftbk Black 5spd TRDrims
Hi,
I ordered my yaris with power pk, keyless entry amd then had the dealer install my alarm...didnt want some chop shop messing around with my electrical system!
BUT...for the
-rear bumper guard...-the dealer wanted $150. for it installed...from TRD sparks was I got it for $43.
-Same for door sill protectors
-TRD 15" alloy rims installed by dealer $1200. i bought them from trdsparks for $549.
-My trd shifter knob....the dealer probably would have charged me $100 and I bought from TRD sparks for $43

ITS CRAZY BUT THAT IS HOW THE DEALER MAKES THEIR $$$ ON YA!
drdavidr4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 04:35 PM   #4
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
well if your financing... they sell you on... "well these rims areonly $10 more a month"... etc etc etc, next thing you know you are spending another 50 bux a month on bs.

That being said, instead of dropping 600 on rims at one time, spreading that out with the financing, you would probably spend 600 in a few years, but then you have to keep payin lol.
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 01:23 AM   #5
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrman
well if your financing... they sell you on... "well these rims areonly $10 more a month"... etc etc etc, next thing you know you are spending another 50 bux a month on bs.

That being said, instead of dropping 600 on rims at one time, spreading that out with the financing, you would probably spend 600 in a few years, but then you have to keep payin lol.
You smart guy!
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 04:39 AM   #6
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by swng
You smart guy!
part of my job is to sell people on the joys of financing :)

With discipline, financing can make you $ in the long run...but most people use it to buy outside their means.

I bought the yaris because not only did I really like it, the payments (with no money down) and insurance + cost of ownership was all low enough for the car to pay for itself, compared to my previous 85 chevy blazer, while being a sweet ride :)
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote