Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-09-2014, 02:43 PM   #1
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
My new ride.

Before anyone wants to burn me at the stake for "selling out", let me just say that I searched long and wide for another Yaris (brand new or used) for almost a week and came up empty. The next best thing was an xD, which I also came up empty everywhere I went. I decided yesterday to try one more dealer before calling it quits and looking at completely different makes starting today. Sure enough I hit the jackpot at the very last try. She was a brand new, nicely equipped, nicely-discounted, but ignored little car, just like my old Yaris had been when I first saw her. So either she's back or I got her younger, hotter cousin

red-hot-xd.JPG

More pics later when I find time.

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:12 PM   #2
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
Congrats! Since Silverback was for the Yaris, will you be naming this one Redneck?
How much was it? I'm still surprise Scion is still holding on to the xD line. I was sad when the xA went bye-bye.
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:17 PM   #3
aspro

Drives: 2011 Yaris RS 5 door 5 spd
good move. I sometimes regret getting the Yaris and wish I had moved on the XD. Better motor within the same size car and at the time the after market support was just the same as it is for the yaris (it might still be).

Congrats, I`ll be waiting for a build thread!

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
aspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:50 PM   #4
SilverBack
Joey

LMAO @ RedNeck. Not sure if whether that's a move up or down. Final price was $17k and change.

No plans for any build at this time. And I don't plan on joining any Scion forums because my mind is still running between my old and next year's Yaris. If I see functional improvements from the second gen., I'll give-up the xD as a trade. :)

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

Old 09-09-2014, 10:14 PM   #5
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Great choice.

Just in time too, as Toyota is pulling the plug on the xD this and year. The xD was a close 2nd when I bought my Yaris. The Yaris won out in 2008 because of the cheaper price, better mileage, and sedan body style.

Still, part of me always wanted the xD for it's better amenities, more powerful engine, and what I think is great styling. The hatch style offers its benefits as well.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:09 PM   #6
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Nice . Keep us updated on gas mileage , ride , etc..
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:21 PM   #7
SilverBack
Joey

Thanks everyone. Glad I've haven't been "kicked out" for buying a different kind of ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
Great choice.

Just in time too, as Toyota is pulling the plug on the xD this and year. The xD was a close 2nd when I bought my Yaris. The Yaris won out in 2008 because of the cheaper price, better mileage, and sedan body style.

Still, part of me always wanted the xD for it's better amenities, more powerful engine, and what I think is great styling. The hatch style offers its benefits as well.
Sadly yes, the sales count of Toyota's sub-compacts are dwindling for all the wrong reasons it seems. I can't help but to suspect the introduction of the Prius C has something to do with it.

I admit the xD is starting to grow on me (though not as quickly as my last girl), but I would still choose better gas mileage and abundant storage space over a bigger engine and better styling (Seriously, why would a designer place a cup holder on the passenger-side dash, but not on the driver's side? The space for it is obviously there.). It's going to take a while to get used to having less where it counts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hershey View Post
Nice . Keep us updated on gas mileage , ride , etc..
All I can say right now is:
I'm at a half a tank of dealer-filled gas. The odometer reads at just about where the Yaris did at this point, so I assume I should be getting around the same full-tank mileage. I don't remember how the Yaris rode on stock springs because I had her lowered 4 years ago for Auto-X and windy driving, but the xD does ride pretty smoothly, and softly over bumps.

Old 09-12-2014, 07:31 PM   #8
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
I can't help but to suspect the introduction of the Prius C has something to do with it.
Yep. I just wish Toyota would call it the Yaris Hybrid (as they essentially do in many other markets) .
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:34 PM   #9
Gogogordy

Drives: Miss my Yaris, love my Jeep jk
You wont regret that. We have an 09 xD and an '11 Yaris. The xD befs the same mileage and makes more power

When I'm not driving my Yaris, I'm doing this:
http://gogogordy1.wix.com/scooter-aficionado
Gogogordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:13 PM   #10
SilverBack
Joey

^Correct! I just did my first fill-up. The odometer read 364 mile on the last bar. It's only short of about 10 miles compared to the Yaris. Not too bad so far.

Just for shits and giggles, I gave the new girl the "Imola Pep Talk" over the weekend, as inspired by Top Gear: both the original and what I grew-up around.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the talk.JPG (121.6 KB, 82 views)

Old 06-29-2019, 12:22 PM   #11
jackfrank
Banned

Drives: A black BMW
Congrats...
Good choice with some lot of features like a great move, cheaper mileage, and long ride.
jackfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 03:09 AM   #12
mondbennet

Drives: 2010 Yaris Hatchback
Looking great!
mondbennet is offline   Reply With Quote