Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-21-2011, 12:58 AM   #1
Black_griffin6

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic 3 door HB
Hood scoop question

Hey guys, i've recently taken an interest in the vented hood from Micro Image.

I would like to eventually get one and mod it so that the scoop feeds air directly to the intake, kind of like how this setup is.

The trouble is, i'm wondering A: What kind of intake would be best for this setup? The stock intake seems like it would be the most ideal since I could hook up a hose directly to it, however...it might also be the most restricting.
I was thinking of an afe SRI, but it has that heat shield which might make it difficult to get the air to it.

And 2: I'm wondering what I can do to prevent water from getting in...but still supply fresh cool air to the intake. Or should I even be worried about water getting in? I know my stock intake gets wet when it rains, but I don't know that water even gets inside.

Thanks!

-BG6
Black_griffin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:37 PM   #2
catliektheif

Drives: 2010 5 Door
bump